I hesitated but pulled out my phone and retrieved the only picture of Clara that I had on it. It just so happened that it was a selfie that she took with Flynn. I was definitely risking a lot since we looked very much alike.

I was met with an even more confused look. "Are you sure she was involved? I don't recognize her as any of the girls that Flynn introduced as his girlfriends."

I gritted my teeth. "I'm certain. How's that possible?"

He studied my expression. "This is really important to you isn't it?"

I didn't respond and just turned away to leave. "Look," he called, stopping me. "I don't recognize her, but one of my buddies might. Send me the picture."

I turned back to look at him hopefully. He rattled off his phone number to me and I quickly saved it, sending him the picture. "I'll text you if I have news."

"Thank you." I whispered gratefully.

He nodded after a moment. "If she's was here, I'll find something." Then, he added as a side comment, "she looks a lot like you." I didn't respond to that again and he sighed. "Alright, I'll see what I can do. See you around."

"See you." I echoed as he disappeared behind the doors again. I stood in complete silence for a moment. I only snapped out of daze when I felt a hand on my shoulder, causing me to jump a foot into the air.

"Whoa there, tiger." I breathed a sigh of relief when I noticed that it was Rex behind me, but that didn't stop me from glaring at him. He raised an eyebrow at me.

I sighed. "I'm sorry. I'm just...having a bad day."

"No kidding. Judging by your talk with Jason-"

"Wait, you heard that?" My face paled.

"You should really check to make sure no one's listening before you have personal conversations." I opened my mouth to speak again, but he interrupted me. "Relax, I won't tell anyone. I suppose this has something to do with your "personal reasons" that you didn't want to talk about?"

"Why should I trust you?"

"What would I have to gain from snitching on you?" When I didn't answer, he continued. "Look, we all have our motives. I know I have my secrets too, but I know where my loyalties lie. Judging by your actions that day when the cops were on our trail, so do you. As long as you're not going to backstab us, it doesn't matter why you're here."

Then he stopped and narrowed his eyes at me. "Needless to say, I hope you are not intending to betray us after you find what it is that you're looking for." Our eyes met in silent agreement.

The ride back home was mostly silent. Rex's words stayed in my head. I didn't intend to betray the Black Phoenix right now, but would I feel the same if something had happened to Clara at their hands? I felt my fury grow at Flynn even more when I remembered Jason's words about Flynn's girls. There was no way that I would be able to get any sleep tonight.

~~~~

The next day, I rushed over to Chase's office as soon as I knew that he would be in. Not even bothering to knock, I stormed in and slammed the door shut behind me. "What the bloody hell was that about?"

"Excuse me?"

"A name, that's all I get, with no explanation. And I didn't even get it from you. You had Kayla play messenger. You know I don't want other people involved in my stuff. And if you had connections within the Black Phoenix, why did I have to get Trey to get me in?"

"I don't have connections." His calm reaction seemed to rile me up even more.

"You seem to know Vaughn, or should I say, Jason, quite well." I scoffed.