Chapter 16

2k reads! You guys are awesome:).

Edit: when I started writing this chapter it was at 2k. That was two weeks ago. It's now gotten 700 more😨. Thank you all so much😭.

———————————————————————————

Arielle

"Cause I know,
That you know,
You're all over me now.
And it's clear,
It will show,
Your curtains will close.
But if your heart is cold,
My sheets are warm.
I will shelter you through the storm."

Dr. Williams, or Isabelle, was an enchanting sight to watch as she sang, and I had absolutely no idea how I happened to be the lucky one to whom she was singing. I recognized the song that she was singing. Ironically, it was from the movie, "Loving Annabelle", a student teacher romance. I recognized it because it was one of my sister's movies.

"Something on your mind?" I snapped out of my thoughts to glance up at her. She had a concerned expression on and it was then that I realized I had tears running down my face. I reached up to wipe the tears away with my sleeve, but she grabbed my hand gently to stop me before dabbing at my eyes gently with a piece of tissue.

"I was just thinking about someone I was really close to." I admitted. "She disappeared when I was eight and they never found her. That song reminded me of a movie that she used to watch. It's nothing."

She looked at me in shock. "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to upset you. I had no idea..."

She looked down guiltily and I placed my hand on top of hers. "It's not your fault. Like I said, it's nothing. That was beautiful. I'm very lucky." I blushed.

Her signature smirk had returned and she quickly leaned over and pecked me on the forehead. I looked at her in surprise. "Are you going to look at me like that every time I kiss your forehead?" She teased, making me blush again.

Then she stood up I squealed in surprise when she suddenly picked me up again. "I can walk..." I protested.

"You can hop." She corrected sternly before heading towards the kitchen with me in her arms. Once we got there, she placed me onto the counter and began to rummage through the fridge. "What would you like for dinner?" She asked.

"Anything is fine." I wasn't very picky with food. "I can help." I made a move to get off the counter, but the spine-straightening glare that she sent at me made me stop.

She began to pull things out from the fridge and lay it out on the counter beside me. I watched her with interest and she would occasionally smile over at me, making me blush everytime that I was caught staring.

As she began to silently wash the vegetables and slice them, I felt my phone buzz in my pocket. I pulled it out, expecting it to be Chase or Celine checking up on me. I frowned when I saw a message from an unknown number instead.

V has an errand for us. Meet on Monday @ 4 by the campus construction site.

I was even more confused. Why was Trey messaging me from an unknown number? Unless this was Rex's phone. I began to type a response.

Is this Rex?

Moments later, my phone buzzed again.

No, and don't ask anything else. There's a reason I'm not using my phone.

I felt my heart beat a bit faster. Did this reason concern the police? Had they found something that day? Before I could type a response, my phone was snatched from my hands and I turned to glare at the culprit. My angry expression immediately dropped when I remembered where I was.