006 ::: Never Feel

Start from the beginning

"What do you mean you don't know?"

"My King, I have run tests, I have checked her out numerous times, and I cannot tell you the cause of her change in behavior. It's as if something snapped in her mind."

"I can't have my mate be--this," King Xaler gestured at me.

"There is one idea that I have to try and bring her out of this trance."

"Anything," he said all too quickly before being lead out of my room behind Gladyss.

I continued to lay on my side facing the wall, controlling my head to remain checked out. I couldn't give in. This was my only solace and I would rather die than give it up. Closing my eyes and letting sleep take over me, I felt a tiny shred of peace deep within my soul, comforting me into a dreamless sleep.

The feeling of cold and familiar hands pressed against my cheeks, pads of thumbs rubbing gentle and loving circles. Despite the chilly fingers, I snuggled my face deeper into the hands desperate to hold onto to comfort for as long as possible.

"Rizzo," a pang of hurt and familiarity struck through my heart at the soft voice.

I knew that voice.

"Rizzo, baby," the same voice called out.

It couldn't be.

My eyes flickered open, blinking furiously to clear my vision and focus on the face that was impossibly before my eyes. It couldn't be. It just couldn't.

"M-mom?" I croaked, shifting my head back slightly in order to take in her form.

Carefully, I reached out my hand and gently touched her cheek this time. I had to make sure this was real, she was real. The warm skin below my hand confirmed the truth: she was here and in front of me, it wasn't a dream.

"Yes, baby, it's me," she smiled warmly through the tears that were silently falling from her eyes.

"What-what are you doing here?"

I pushed myself up on my bed into a sitting position and took in my surroundings. It wasn't just her. It was everyone. My mom, my dad, my siblings, and my best friend, River. My eyes widened at the people standing in the room, but confusion soon replaced any emotion that was on my face.

"Why?" was all I could get out.

My dad made a move to sit at the edge of my bed, rubbing my leg comfortingly, "We were invited here to see you by King Xaler."

The way he spoke was off like he was choosing his words carefully as if we were being listened to. And sure as shit, we were. It wasn't until my dad's eyes briefly flickered over to his right behind his shoulder that I saw the unwanted guest.