034 ::: Never Attack

Hi everyone! I had a random burst of energy? time? desire? not sure. Whatever it is/was led me to getting another chapter out. I am so sorry that I made you all wait so long. I really struggled with my depression these last few months and I have been so busy with working full-time, part time, AND going to school on top of it. I do appreciate everyone that has been patient, understanding, and supportive of me throughout this! I love y'all!

Well, enough of my words.

Enjoy! :) <3

I was impressed.

After Bolkholm explained the plan to me on how we were supposed to kill Xaler, Cal took me around for a tour of their grounds. And I couldn't believe how much was here. All of it. Right under the noses of those dogs. And they were none the wiser.

The plan itself was pretty straightforward, at least for my involvement, was to seduce the king over time and wait for the right moment to strike. What I wasn't told was who, what, or when this strike was taking place. All Bolkholm kept telling me was to 'stick to the plan' and it was a 'need to know' basis. Apparently, I didn't need to know.

It began to get heated after that. I didn't understand why I couldn't know the full plan if the entire plan relied on me and my seduction of Xaler.

Luckily, Callum intervened before it could blow up any further and whisked me out of the room to show me what this operation had under its belt.

Again, I was impressed. This whole rebellion was an actual rebellion, one forming underground with little to no word coming out about its formation. I'm surprised that Callum was even able to become a part of this let alone find out about it. It was no ragtag band of brothers, it was a full-blown rebellious operation. Everyone here had the same priority: equality.

That's all we truly wanted. We just wanted to be seen as equal, worthy, not disposable, and replaceable things just because we couldn't shift into an animal. We were sick and tired of being worked to the bone, starving to death, being beaten, murdered, and, in my case, taken against our will.

We wanted a fair shot at life and liberty. Right now, we had no jury, we had no peers, we were constantly seen as guilty in the eyes of the wolves and unless we did something then nothing would ever change about that. We were in trouble for simply existing. And it was to the point where many of us didn't even want to exist anymore.

But that was going to change. The feeling crept up within me the longer Cal took me around the grounds. There were gyms and weights and fighting rings. Everyone working together no matter the time of day, assisting one another in hand-to-hand combat, weight training, artillery lessons, weapon-wielding - everything.

There were sheds with transports, both on land and airborne. Different buildings and shacks that housed medics and medical supplies; immunizations, painkillers, first aid supplies, everything. It took my breath away to be quite honest and as much as I wanted to be angry at the movement for not hitting the streets with the supply they had to help those currently suffering, I understood why they couldn't.

They had to wait, we had to wait, I had to wait. If we were to go out there and administer any type of medical assistance, it wouldn't be long before we were caught and everything that they have been working for would be for nothing.

It wasn't until we passed by a building made of dark material or maybe it was painted a dark color. Regardless, it was a compound within a compound with guards posted outside of the gate that surrounded the building, guns slung across their chests ready to be fired if necessary. Solely there for the purpose of preventing anyone from getting through to the building. Barbed wire sat atop the fencing and it wouldn't surprise me if the fence were electrical.