Chapter 12

Finally the day was here. Anissa was getting married. The house was bustling with activity. Everyone was busy trying to complete their duties till evening because after that they all were going to leave for wedding venue.
Anissa woke up with a heavy heart and had her breakfast but she couldn't eat it. She was busy thinking about all the incidents where Ali her husband to-be was acting reserved with her and at the back of her mind she knew that his behaviour could not be taken as shyness but instead it was rude towards her.

"Your tea is getting cold". Her train of thoughts was interrupted by her mother.

"Ami I wanted to talk to you".

"Yes bchaya you can always talk to me but before that finish your breakfast. You look weak and tired to me". Replied Mrs Ibrahim.

" You are right Ami I'am tired but not because of what you think. Ami I wanted to discuss Ali's_"

Anissa was interrupted by the ringing phone of her mother.

Mrs Ibrahim excused her self and attended the call. Anissa was again left with her thoughts and a cold breakfast. She left her breakfast and went back to her room. What should she do, who should she talk to? was she being unreasonable and over sensitive. She had to focus on her big day so she smiled and shunned all the negative thoughts. She started to arrange her bag that she would take to beauty parlour.

It was time for the bride to make her entrance. Anissa came slowly and settled herself on the stage. There were so many people, some of them she knew and some were completely unknown to her. Her father had a lot of friends and a huge social circle. She was feeling nervous and shy. After the dinner the groom came. He seemed to be very happy. He sat next to his bride and him sitting next to Anissa wasn't helping her nervousness. After taking a-lot of pictures it was finally time for rukhsati. Anissa felt her heart beat fast. This is it she thought, after this moment she would be a part of somebody else's house. She won't wake up to the appetising aroma of her mother making breakfast. The warm hug of her father, no siblings to tease or to be teased by. She'll no more have a life without any responsibilities and most important of all was that she would terribly miss her family. She was thinking all this and her tears started to fall, she was covered with the 'Sar Saya' Dupatta. Her father Mr. Ibrahim stood next to her and she could see his eyes becoming watery, though he didn't shed any tears.

Mrs. Ibrahim was standing next to her daughter and what she saw made her forget that her first born was going away from her, now her focus was only on her husband who's eyes were swimming with unshed tears. Tears? She thought, what about the rivers of tears she had shed. She focused back her attention towards her daughter who was now about to sit in the car. Mrs. Ibrahim prayed to Allah that whatever she lacked in her life should be now given to her daughter. She wanted her daughter to have all the happiness of this world. She remembered the day Anissa was born and how Mrs. Ibrahim had mixed feelings that day. She was more than happy to welcome her bundle of joy but she was anxious that what life would she provide to Anissa, how will she keep her daughter happy because she herself was living a miserable and a unhappy life. How Mrs. Ibrahim was worried that her husband might not be happy about a baby but it was all proven wrong, the minute Mr. Ibrahim held baby Anissa in his arms he fell in love with her. He became a doting and affectionate father and never turned his back to his fatherly duties. This had surprised Mrs. Ibrahim but she was very much happy about it and Anissa became the centre of her world.

Anissa was sitting in her new bedroom. She was waiting for Ali and every minute passing by was adding to her nervousness. She was thinking how would he act with her now. In front of people he was always aloof to her presence but now that they would be alone within the premises of a room how would he behave. An hour passed and there was no sign of Ali. Anissa settled into a more comfortable position, she was tired sitting up right waiting for her newlywed husband. Another hour passed and Anissa felt herself taken over by sleep.

She woke up to the sound of a door closing. Ali was finally here and it was time to pray Fajar. Ali came and sat on the bed.

"Sorry I came late, I was with my friends".
Anissa didn't liked his reason of being late.

Even today he couldn't excuse himself from his friends. It's not just any other day. Thought Anissa. She only nodded her head in reply.

"It's very late you should change and rest". Suggested Ali.

"I'll pray and then sleep". Replied Anissa feeling hurt.

Anissa got up from the bed to enter the en-suite. She was thinking was this how wedding nights were supposed to be. She spent hours in beauty parlour getting ready for him and he didn't even see her properly let alone appreciate her. She was about to enter the washroom when she heard him say

"By the way you look beautiful".

A blush crept to her cheeks, she smiled and entered the washroom. She ignored all he did today for his compliment that he gave her.

So readers we are back to Anissa and Ali. What do you think about it?

I'll try to update as soon as possible but I also need votes and comments.

Thankyou all.