Chapter 5

6 Years had passed Palwasha was married and Zarmina was about to get engaged.
Upon insistence and sorries of Ahmed did Bami and Muzamil agreed to attend the engagement ceremony.

All these years had turned Bami into a young handsome man of 24. He had his job and was saving money to start a business. While Muzamil was enjoying last years of his teens and was a dedicated student.

"Your son is very decent and sober" said a relative to Asma.

"Have you seen someone for him" asked another.

Asma felt as if all the hardships of all these years were paying off. Her sons who were always over-shadowed by money and luxuries of Nabila's daughters were now gaining recognition.

The tall and huge mansion of Ahmed stood proudly while his brother's house was an humble abode next to him. The event was set in the lawn shared by both the houses. Bami was an eye catcher. Everyone was in awe of his looks and intelligence, while Muzamil was the easy going and fun loving one. Muzamil easily moved in and out of his uncle's house, he had a sense of belonging towards his cousins. He went up the stairs to fetch Palwasha but while looking for her his eye caught a glimpse of something red or rather someone dressed in red and he froze. Everything around him seemed to stop. He only saw the side glimpse of the girl but he could feel his breath hitch. He wanted to see who it was, But before he could see who it was a voice interrupted his thoughts.

"Zarghoona come on" Muzamil heard Palwasha say standing behind him.

Muzamil got confused who Palwasha was talking to and the same instant he saw Zarghoona turned towards them. He could feel his heart drop because Zarghoona was the girl in red.

Muzamil couldn't focus on anything. He wasn't able to answer any questions people asked him during the function. He tried to forget it but Zarghoona again came in his view when she was accompanying the bride. Everything and everyone else faded, his eyes glued to Zarghoona. He could feel his heartbeat increasing. But the worst or more like best feeling was when Zarghoona came and talked to him.

"Asalam-o-Alikum Muzamil!". Greeted Zarghoona.

Instead of replying Muzamil stood like a statue and thought even her voice is so beautiful.

"Muzamil? Are you alright, your face is red". Asked Zarghoona.

That brought out Muzamil from his trance and he replied to her.

The function ended but it blossomed a new feeling in Muzamil's heart. That entire night he fought himself that how could he think about his cousin in a romantic way but when the first specks of sun appeared on the dark sky his heart won and he understood that he had become victim of love at first sight. But he wouldn't pursue it and instead would go back to studies and hostel.

Muzamil and Bami went back to their lives. Muzamil was trying very hard to forget Zarghoona and was somehow successful but all his restraint crumbled when Zarghoona started to write letters to him.

The first letter had startled him and it was a casual one asking about his and Bami's welfare and his studies. He wrote back and soon they were exchanging letters on weekly basis. He would eagerly wait for her letters and would read her letter three to four times till her next letter would come. He had kept all the letters safe with him and took care of them as if they were something very expensive.

He wasn't sure if she also shared his feelings and she had never hinted it not even indirectly. But now one thing was clear to him, he wanted only Zarghoona. He wanted to make her his permanently. He would talk to his parents and would ask for Zarghoona's hand.

Please vote and comment.

Share your thoughts.

I would really like to know what do you think about it.