Chapter 9

It had been two months to Muzamil's death. Asma and Javed shifted back to their home. It felt strange to be in that place where there son had breathed his last. There were no traces of what had happened. Everything was the same, not showing of the tragedy that had shook both the houses.

Nabila had kept her silence, though from within she was burning to do something. Punish them, but how could she. They had lost their son and that too on the day of her daughter's wedding. The tragedy with Zarghoona had humbled her a bit. She hated Muzamil for what he did but her heart tore whenever she saw Asma and Javed. She knew they had never been bad to her no matter what she did. Ahmed's guilt was eating him up. He couldn't face his brother or sister-in-law. Plus the indifferent behaviour of Bami was enough to remind him again and again that they held him responsible for what happened. Deep down Ahmed knew that his anger and rigidity had given a push to Muzamil's self destructive thoughts.

Bami had left after a week of the grave incident because he had leave for one week. He wanted to go back and try to get himself transferred to his hometown or if that's not possible then he would take his parents with him. For that purpose he would have to look for a place where they could accommodate.

Zarghoona's life had become miserable. She couldn't go out. She had to take a break from studies. Wherever she would go people would talk and whisper about her. Mothers would not allow their daughters to talk to her. Even her own cousins were becoming distant with her. She hated the fact that people held her responsible for what happened to Muzamil. It was not only Muzamil who got destroyed but Zarghoona's life also ended. She had nightmares. The pain through which she went through was excruciating. She was sitting in her room near the window looking down at the garden the same garden where she once stepped as a shy bride.

Mubarak Mubarak!

"Zarghoona Mubarak bchaya!". Nabila said joyously.

"Mubarak Mrs Talha". Teased her cousins to which Zarghoona just blushed and smiled.

"Shukar Alhumdulilah. There were no more hurdles in the nikkah and hopefully there won't be any further". Thought Zarghoona.

"Let's go to lawn, your groom is waiting for you" said Nabila helping Zarghoona stand and wiping the tear marks off from the bride's face.

"Ahmed bhai is saying that the groom's family wants the rukhsati too after the rasam". Stated one of Nabila's sister.

Zarghoona turned around and gave a last look to her room. Within one week of her rukhsati she would be leaving for Uk. Hence there won't be any time to come back to her parents' and stay for a day or two. She was feeling very emotional and was trying to control her tears. She was taken down the stairs towards the garden where a stage for her and her groom was set. She was feeling so shy. Everyone was clapping and singing songs. She ascended the stage stood next to her better half. Mirror was brought in and the newly wed couple was asked to look in the mirror. The first thing she noticed was he wasn't very young. He might be in his thirties and she was only 19. He was giving her a lustful stare. She was busy analysing all this while she was feeling very shy too. Before she could look away from his eyes in the mirror she heard

Bang

She immediately looked up and was confused what this sound was, she saw people running towards her uncle's house. What was happening and before she could comprehend it she heard cries, heart wrenching cries.

"Muzamil!" She heard her aunt Asma's shriek.

"What did you do Muzamil". This time it was her father.

She heard people saying he shot himself. From there on everything was a blur she didn't know what was happening around her. She woke up from her trance when her 'Husband' called her name. She noticed that her parents were back on the stage along with all the relatives of groom.

"I Talha Sa'ad divorce you in my full consciousness".

Her heart dropped

Nabila tried to stop him

But the groom's mother replied "why would we take such a girl with us. For all we know she's not innocent. Who knows how many other boys are linked to her."

"She didn't know anything and Muzamil died because of something else." Pleaded Ahmed.

"Tell your lies to someone else. God knows to which extent she had a relationship with your nephew that he killed himself for her. We don't want such disgrace in our family". This was Talha's father talking.

Talha resumed to what he was doing

"I divorce you."

"I divorce you."

"Zarghoona! Zarghoona!". She came out of her memory when she heard her mother shouting.
Her father had collapsed on the stairs. She ran and called her uncle. Ahmed was taken to hospital where they were told that he had cardiac arrest and is still in danger.

Ahmed knew it deep down that his time was up. He was too tensed in the previous days. He everyday had to hear what people had to say about Muzamil and his daughter. Zarghoona's character was completely tarnished nobody talked respectfully about her. All the wrong calls they would receive, boys and men asking to talk to Zarghoona. Muzamil was gone. Now what would his daughter do, who would marry her. Even now when he was lying on hospital bed, he was thinking what would happen if he was to die, Nabila and Zarghoona would be helpless and no one to turn to.

"I need to talk to Javed and Bami". Thought Ahmed.

Javed was called immediately where as Bami was not able to come immediately. Both the brothers had a talk, discussed all that happened, cleared misunderstandings and decided what course of action would they take.
Javed knew his brother won't be able to survive and now he was his only hope. Muzamil's death was not only Asma, Javed and Bami's loss but it had killed Ahmed's dignity and daughter too. Zarghoona was ruined and living while his son was dead and couldn't be ruined any further. What good would holding grudges do, Ahmed had not done anything intentionally plus any father would have done what he did to save his daughter from humiliation.

Bami came after a week of Ahmed's attack. His father took him to hospital. His uncle apologised to him, told him what his intention was while he was scolding Muzamil. But the next words uttered by his father shook him to his core.

"Bami we have decided your and Zarghoona's NIKKAH  to be held on the coming Friday".

Please vote and comment.
Any feedback would be good.
It's good to know what you people are thinking about.
The starting is a bit slow but it would get spicier.
Thanks alot
Silent readers don't be silent anymore.