Chapter 6

Time had passed and now Muzamil was going back home to attend Zarmina's wedding, but his main motive was to see his beloved and to finally have a talk with his parents about it. He knew his parents would be happy and would cause no hurdles but he was doubtful about his aunt Nabila.

Muzamil decided to talk and discuss the matter with his parents the same day he came home. Bami was not there because he didn't get a leave from his job and plus he wasn't that interested in attending the wedding, he still remembered what his aunt had done to them and it was still painful for him.

"Ami I wanted to talk about something with you and baba". Said Muzamil

"Baba is here". Replied Javed instead of Asma.

Asma smiled and gestured for both of them to sit.

"Yes Muzamil what you wanted to talk about? Is everything alright with your studies?" Inquired Javed.

Muzamil had to say it this was his chance. "Studies are going well alhumdulilah but I wanted to talk about something else".

Javed waited for him to continue but when he saw his son was hesitating he encouraged him. "You can tell and discuss everything with us Muzamil".

"I want to get married". Blurted Muzamil.

His parents looked bewildered but soon his father chuckled and his mother smiled.

"Of course son you will marry but only when you have a good job". Said Asma.

"But I want you people to take my proposal in these few days".

"Where do we take your proposal". Asked Asma while passing a cup of tea to her husband.

"I want you to ask uncle Ahmed for Zarghoona".

Asma dropped the cup of tea she had poured for Muzamil and Javed choked on the sip of tea he was having. Both had a shocked look on their faces. They both were stunned. Howcome, did their son came up with the thought of marrying Zarghoona. Nabila would never accept it. They tried to make Muzamil understand but he wouldn't listen. He skipped his dinner and stayed in his room. Javed and Asma tried to talk to him but he wouldn't open his door.

Three days had passed and Muzamil still hadn't stepped out of his room. His mother would take his meals to him but he wouldn't open the door. Muzamil was starving himself. He was trying to show how serious he was about Zarghoona. On the 4th day finally Asma gave in to his demand and asked him to open his room's door so they could discuss what will they do.

They decided they would take the proposal after Zarmina's wedding, but on a condition that Muzamil will get married after Bami gets married. This was acceptable for Muzamil because by then he would have a job and could provide for his wife.

Festivity's of Zarmina's wedding begun and it was golden opportunity for Muzamil to get more closer to Zarghoona. He tried to hint his feelings indirectly to her but Zarghoona never responded and Muzamil never took notice of her lack of response. He was living in his own bubble, creating his own fantasy. He was very excited and couldn't wait for Zarmina's wedding functions to end so that he could finally get what he desired.

Finally the day had come when his parents were going to his uncle's place to take his proposal. Ahmed was surprised to see his brother coming to his house. Javed had not visited from years and now all of a sudden they came. Nabila didn't liked them coming unannounced but she didn't show it much.

Asma and Javed didn't know how to start. There son had brought them in a tough position. But they had to give in to his demand, he was very stubborn about it. Muzamil never had been the stubborn one it was Bami who would go to any length to get what he wanted but this time Muzamil had surprised them with his stubbornness. To top it off they had seen how Muzamil would look at Zarghoona and the determined look along with the light that would come to his eyes. So they had no option but to do what he asked.

"Ahmed, Bhabhi we are here to ask you for something". Said Javed

"If you need money Ahmed can give it to you, after all we know how difficult it would be for you to see us having all the luxuries of life" replied Nabila in a snobbish way.

Asma and Javed froze. They at that very instant knew that Nabila would never agree and they had committed a mistake by coming here.

"No no Bhabhi why would we ask for money, alhumdulilah we have enough of it. We came here to ask for something else". Asma said trying to control the situation.

Javed turned to his brother and dropped the bomb. " Ahmed bhai we are to ask you to make Zarghoona our daughter".

Nabila stopped what she was doing and stared at the two brothers. " Bami is a very nice boy-"
"No we are not here for Bami but Muzamil" Javed interrupted Ahmed and told him that they were here for there younger son.

Nabila shrieked a "WHAT" and stood up." Are you people in your senses, don't you see the difference between your low-life son and my lovely daughter".

"Nabila"! Shouted Ahmed.

"What Nabila. How could they even think about it, my daughter will marry into such an household. They could hardly eat properly. Have they seen there worthless son".

"Stop it I said". Screamed Ahmed.

Nabila huffed and went to her room. Their was pin drop silence in the room. Javed and Asma couldn't believe they had been insulted in such a way. Without saying anything Javed stood up and left, Asma followed suit. Ahmed had no words, how could he ask his brother to stay when his wife had insulted them so much. He knew that Muzamil was not suitable for Zarghoona, he was a student so how could he take care of a wife. If it had been Bami's proposal Ahmed could have thought about it because Bami was a hidden gem. But he could have handled things better, He knew he would have refused politely but his wife had to take matters in her hands.

Asma and Javed returned back home angry, embarrassed and heartbroken. They knew that this was not possible but still they wanted to give it a shot. Javed felt anger towards his son, but Asma knew better. She was thinking of how to break this news to her son. As soon as they set foot in their lounge Muzamil stood up and asked them "So when is the date set for our engagement?".

Please vote and comment

Dear silent readers I'm eager to know what do you think about it