"Huh" she runs her tongues against the sides of her mouth in thought. She sits her plate and cup back on the table and sits back down in her seat.

"What are you Zoe?" She asks.

I chew the food in my mouth and drop the fork on the plate in front of me. I look up into her eyes, her icy blues ones coursing through my purple orbs.

"Sorry, I keep asking myself that. Just what are you? It's kinda, intriguing and fascinating. Almost unbearable the things you can do" she eyes me down.

"I don't know" I say in a low voice. My cheeks heat and my head falls low

"I know, it's okay. Your incredible Zo, anyone would be lucky enough to have you on their side" she finally gets up, grabs her things and makes her way to sink.

"Do you like anyone in the house?" She asks and my ears reach the balcony upstairs. Someone's coming.

"No" I tell her flat.

"Just asking" she shrugs.

"I really don't want to focus on those type of things right now Susan. I just want you guys to be okay and for myself to not get caught or anything"

She turns on the faucet, "that's good. You know theres a full moon tonight right?" He eyes meet mine as she washes her hands. She lifts her hand in the air and motions for me to bring my things over. I do just that.

"Nope, I had no idea" my heart speeds.

"Does that make you nervous in some way?"

I take the stool seat again and watch her hands carefully as she washes the dishes.

"Yeah, I don't know what to expect"

"And that's good, you'll grow stronger you know"

Both of our eyes meet movement in the back and I see Margaret and John make their way toward us. People start piling downstairs also and I move out of the way to Susan's side.

"Mom, I always help you make breakfast why didn't you wake me?" Stacey reaches the other side of her Mom and she kisses the top of her head.

"I didn't want to bother you" she tells her and I suddenly feel like my world wants to crash at that moment.

Thinking of Mom sometimes makes me happy because I know shes here without even being here but then it makes me mad and sad because I can't see her or hear from her no matter how bad I try or how bad I want too. Everyone else piles into the kitchen to eat their food and their voices create a distraction for my escape, I head to the stairs and upstairs to my room to grab my dagger from my bag. I place it flat on the bed and grab the book I took from the library. I also lay that flat on the bed.

I let out a breath and hand for the books bigger flaps wishing that when I opened it, it would show me something useful and fulfilling but the pages are blank. Nothing but clean white pages that smelled brand new when my thumb flipped through pulling the edges back.

I closed the book and placed it back in my bag before closing it, grabbed my dagger and headed downstairs to the front door. I opened it silently and looked back one more time before I walked out and closed it behind me. I held the dagger in my hand, twirling and throwing it in the air while I walked. I didn't know what my plan was but I guess I would just go.

At the end of the long rode up to the house is the woods. I'd rather be there in between the trees then up high on the mountain in plain sight. Being up high and far away was a start but being able to blend in and know your surroundings was even better so I made my way to the trees, walking ever so slow and careful not too make too much noise in case anyone else was out here beside me.