78. Thomas Jefferson

(At the request of JustUWait221)
He was an American statesman, diplomat, lawyer, architect and founding father, who served as the third president of the United States!

"I cannot live without books." 

----------------------

"Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you." 

----------------------

"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." 

----------------------

"Honesty is the first chapter of the book wisdom." 

----------------------

"The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg."

----------------------

"The most valuable of all talents is that of never using two words when one will do." 

----------------------

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." 

----------------------

"I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it" 

----------------------

"History, in general, only informs us what bad government is." 

----------------------

"Nothing gives one person so much advantage over another as to remain always cool and unruffled under all circumstances." 

----------------------

"I think one travels more usefully when they travel alone, because they reflect more."