71. Laura Ingalls Wilder

(At the request of MaiteMarie)
An American writer known for the Little House on the Prairie series of children's books.

"I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all." 

----------------------

"Laura felt a warmth inside her. It was very small, but it was strong. It was steady, like a tiny light in the dark, and it burned very low but no winds could make it flicker because it would not give up." 

----------------------

"Home is the nicest word there is."

----------------------

"The real things haven't changed. It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures; and have courage when things go wrong." 

----------------------

"The only stupid thing about words is the spelling of them."

----------------------

"Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime." 

----------------------

"There's no great loss without some small gain." 

----------------------

"Persons appear to us according to the light we throw upon them from our own minds."

----------------------

"Remember well, and bear in mind, a constant friend is hard to find." 

----------------------

"We who live in quiet places have the opportunity to become acquainted with ourselves, to think our own thoughts and live our own lives in a way that is not possible for those keeping up with the crowd."