18. Stephen King

(At the request of Lizajustme)
You've probably heard of the book/movie It, with the murderous clown Pennywise. (At still gives me the chills)

"Books are a uniquely portable magic."

----------------------

"If you don't have time to read, you don't have the time (or the tools) to write. Simple as that." 

----------------------

"The thing under my bed waiting to grab my ankle isn't real. I know that, and I also know that if I'm careful to keep my foot under the covers, it will never be able to grab my ankle." 

----------------------

"Get busy living or get busy dying." 

----------------------

"Books are the perfect entertainment: no commercials, no batteries, hours of enjoyment for each dollar spent. What I wonder is why everybody doesn't carry a book around for those inevitable dead spots in life." 

----------------------

"Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win."

----------------------

"When his life was ruined, his family killed, his farm destroyed, Job knelt down on the ground and yelled up to the heavens, "Why god? Why me?" and the thundering voice of God answered, There's just something about you that pisses me off."

----------------------

"The road to hell is paved with adverbs." 

----------------------

"If you want to be a writer, you must do two things above all others: read a lot and write a lot." 

----------------------

"Good books don't give up all their secrets at once."