75. Douglas Adams

(At the request of Carstairs312)
He wrote the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series!

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." 

----------------------

"I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by." 

----------------------

"I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer" 

----------------------

"The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well, on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be." 

----------------------

"A learning experience is one of those things that says, 'You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." 

----------------------

"Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all." 

----------------------

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." 

----------------------

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." 

----------------------

"Nothing travels faster than the speed of light, with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws." 

----------------------

"The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." 

"