Chapter 9

Amy's POV~
From the dark and quiet of my induced stasis, I was suddenly transported to another place, where an ancient, wise looking bot was waiting. I made a wild guess and looked up in awe.

"Alpha Trion?" I asked. The bot smiled, giving a small nod and answering with a gentle but deep voice that seemed to echo from the past.

"Yes child. Are you aware why you are here?" he asked. I shook my head and Alpha Trion chuckled. "You have been given the gift that I myself possessed in my lifetime, I made sure of that. I have a message for you, young one. Your powers may be uncontrollable, but do not disregard the images you may see. When you are able to control them, your powers will be invaluable to your team, but I warn you, it will make you valued beyond imagination to the Decepticons. You are destined to do something great, and I have more to tell you." Alpha Trion said. I nodded intently, still trying to process the 'destined for greatness' thing.

"Because you require additional protection and fighting power, you will receive an upgrade when you wake. Think of it as a gift from me from beyond my resting place." Alpha Trion said with a small smile. He finished with one last thing as I had the feeling of being slowly pulled away. "And tell your team to expect a long lost friend to return to them." he said in farewell.

~3rd person~

Ratchet turned to Amy when he sensed her stir, and he quickly got Optimus' attention as well. Her frame was rapidly being enveloped in a bright blue light, which steadily grew brighter. Before long, they both had to look away when the light became too harsh. When they looked back, Ratchet gaped in surprise.

Amy had obviously received an upgrade, though he wasn't certain how. Her polished black armor was now a deep purple, and she had gained some height as well as become sturdier. It was apparent she already had an alternate mode, though now it appeared she could transform into a car of some sort. Amy's optics flickered on, and she sat up with a groan, a hand to her head.

"Did you find anything out?" she asked, groggy from stasis. She looked down, and was instantly shocked.

"Whoa...what happened to me?" Amy asked. Ratchet shook his head in answer.

"I'm not certain...We pulled a few of your memories that seemed not to belong, and they are encrypted just like the Iacon files, so Optimus can decode them whenever we find time. As for your appearance, I can only assume you've received an upgrade of some sort." Ratchet said. Amy stood, first uneasily and then with more confidence.

"I...I think I remember something. When I was out, Alpha Trion spoke to me." she said. Optimus motioned for her to continue, wanting to hear what she had. She relayed the entire experience as she had seen it, finishing with the long lost friend bit.

"I didn't know who that friend could be, I thought maybe you knew." Amy said.

"I'm not certain who it could be either, as far as I know, Wheeljack and Smokescreen are the only other bots besides us on earth." Ratchet said. Amy looked down at herself, then at Ratchet.

"I'm itching to see what my car mode is, permission to go for a drive?" she asked. Ratchet glanced at Optimus, who nodded.

"Fine, but take someone with you in case you may be ambushed again and take it easy since you're still recovering from being in stasis and your synthetic energon infusion." Ratchet said. Amy headed out to the main hangar where Smokescreen and Bumblebee were standing.

"Who wants to go for a drive?" Amy asked. Smokescreen glanced at Bee, then stepped back.

"You can go this time." Smokescreen said. Bee made a small series of beeps then transformed into his alternate mode, revving to go. Amy looked at herself, then transformed into her new alternate mode. Smokescreen whistled in admiration as Amy drove in a slow circle.