Chapter 4

Amy Pov
Summer vacation was in full swing, and I had company from the kids more often. Sometimes they'd spend the night, but most of the time they'd go home late at night, only to be back the next day. I had had a sleepless night for some reason, and early the next morning Bulkhead asked me a favor, yawning as he did so.

"Hey Amy, could you pick up Miko for me today? I'm beat." Bulkhead asked. I chuckled, already walking for my bike.

"Sure big guy. You have a long night too?" I asked. Bulkhead nodded.

"Yeah, I couldn't seem to power down for very long. Anyway, thanks, I'm sure Miko will like the change of pace." Bulkhead said. I pulled on my helmet and mounted my bike, speeding out of the base, I pulled back a bit when I got on the open road. It was actually a really nice morning, the sun wasn't up yet but it was light enough to see. I enjoyed the slight coolness in the air that would soon give way to the day's heat.
Something reached my ears over the sound of my bike and I looked up to see the helicopter from the other day slow and fly straight at me. I slammed on the brakes, my bike swerving sharply. I gained control, skidding out of the way as the copter circled around again. I gunned the engine on my bike, trying to get the hell out of there. I had no freaking idea why they were trying to run me off the road, but once again I lost my bike.

A cable shot out from the helicopter, puncturing the back tire and bringing my bike to an instant stop. I, however, did not, and flew over the handlebars. I ducked and rolled, coming up covered in sand and grit. I could have been seriously hurt, but thanks to my tough internal structure I was fine. Yanking off my helmet so I could see better, I backed away as cables dropped from the copter to the ground. Thinking fast, I snapped a picture of the helicopter and the men who were now coming at me. I sent a fast text to Raf, including the picture, then shoved my phone into my pocket.

About a dozen guys in black uniforms were closing towards me, holding guns. My fight or flight instinct kicked in, as well as my judo training. When the first guy lunged at me, I swiped his feet out from under him, snatching his gun as he fell. I bashed the butt of the gun in another's face, and caught a blow right under my chin from yet another. Flipping one soldier over my head, I sprinted in the opposite direction, not getting far before an electrical pulse hit me.

It seemed like everything caved in on itself, and I was already blacking out before I hit the ground. I felt my knees hit the dirt before it all went dark.

...

"Sir, it's just as we initially expected... She's entirely of the extraterrestrial's makeup, at least internally..." a strange voice cut through the darkness, followed by another.

"Remarkable, I want to know how she works though. Take her apart piece by piece if you have to." a darker voice said. I forced my eyes open quickly, trying to jerk away but finding my hands pinned beside my head and my feet cuffed as well. I struggled to break free, only earning myself a cut on the wrist from the sharp shackle. I tried not to pay attention to the fact that energon instead of blood was running down my arm. The noise attracted attention, and a man with short graying hair walked up to me, eyeing where I had just cut myself. He had a scar running down the bridge of his nose that continued over his cheek.

I had always had a flighty tendency, and now that I couldn't run or fight I felt like a trapped animal, terrified. I continued to jerk against the cuffs that held me, not even stopping when I could feel the shackles grating against the metal just under my skin. A soldier came up behind the man, giving me a cautious glance.