Chapter 5

Amy Pov
I woke the next morning to the sound of voices, and I cracked open an eye to find I was on the floor, not the couch. I heard who I thought was Miko go running down the stairs, calling for Ratchet and I sat up.

Shaking off sleep, I did a double-take when I saw why Miko was freaking out. For one, the floor was a lot farther away than I remember. Another thing, I was entirely made of metal. The curves and plating vaguely suggested the clothes I'd been wearing, but I was entirely a steel gray color. My wrists looked okay now, but I felt along my side and found the raised seam where Ratchet had welded it back together.

"Whoa..." I muttered. I went carefully down the stairs, able to take about six at a time now. I judged I was a bit shorter than Arcee, but pretty dang close. I tried to gain a sense of equilibrium; I wasn't used to being nearly eighteen feet tall. Miko came running back, Ratchet following.

"Miko, what is so important that you can't...oh..." Ratchet said as he came in and saw me. I gave him a sheepish look.

"Uh...do you have any idea why I look like this now?" I said. Ratchet shook his head, optics wide, and motioned me over. I walked carefully, not enjoying how I couldn't be quiet now that I weighed half a ton. Ratchet scanned me, and looked at the results.

"It appears that your Spark is functioning optimally, what happened to you must have been a finalization of your becoming Cybertronian." he said. I glanced down at myself, wondering why I was colorless and generic-looking.

"Why don't I look like you, I mean, I don't have color or features or anything?" I asked. Ratchet gave a faint smile at this.

"That I can answer. You don't have a vehicle mode yet, all Cybertronians look somewhat like you before we scan an alternate mode. And by the way, you do have features; your face resembles what it was when you were human." Ratchet said. I shifted my weight uneasily.

"So how exactly do I scan a vehicle mode?" I asked.

"When you find one you like, it should happen automatically. As for transforming, I find it a bit hard to explain. I suppose it comes naturally after you scan a vehicle." Ratchet said.

"Would my bike work? You know, as a reference?" I asked. Ratchet nodded. Curiously, I walked over to where I'd parked my bike. Instantly, a 3-D image of it appeared in front of my vision and a green scanner flashed down my bike's frame, transferring data to my new systems. I watched as black paneling appeared and shifted onto my frame, details grafted on quickly.

After things stopped shifting and latched into place, I took a good look at myself. Because my bike was jet black, so was I, and the lime-green pinstripe that had been on my bike now ran up both of my arms. Actually, I looked a lot like Arcee, which wasn't hard to imagine because our vehicle modes were the same.

Ratchet walked up, nodding.

"Just as I said. You should have the same weapons as well, see if you do, then I'd say you could go for a drive. Take someone with you though, you aren't used to your vehicle mode yet and someone to give you pointers would be helpful." Ratchet said. I was surprised that equipping my weapons was almost as natural as walking, and first equipped my blasters before switching to the sort of arm blades that Arcee used.

"Cool. Wait, I should have a hologram too, right? A motorcycle driving itself isn't exactly 'robots in disguise.'" I said. Ratchet gestured.