Chapter 6

Amy Pov
Arcee looked me up and down, then sighed.

"I guess that wouldn't be a bad idea... Alright." Arcee said. I smiled, turning and leaving her to her own grieving. Jack followed me, though I saw him glance back at Arcee, who was standing absolutely still at the edge of the mesa and staring into the sunset.

"So, uh, Amy. I guess you can drive home with me, just tell Arcee. I can start your paint work tomorrow. Jack said. I smiled as we made our way back down to the main hangar of the base. I transformed when we did, telling Optimus we were leaving and waiting for Jack to get his helmet so we could return to his home. He somewhat tentatively eased onto the seat of my vehicle mode and I pulled out slowly, talking as I went.

"Don't worry Jack, I don't bite. I may have the same attitude as before, but I am a motorcycle after all now. You don't bother me." I said. Jack relaxed a bit, and I started back towards Jasper, contacting Arcee as I did.

"Jack and I are heading for his place, you don't have to worry about him, I'll take care of him until tomorrow. And Arcee, go easy on yourself." I said.

......

......

I had been with the Autobots for almost half a year, and so much had changed in such a short time. Relics were appearing everywhere, and we'd even had a new addition to team Prime. A young Autobot named Smokescreen had appeared on earth, and was valuable as a fighter. Unfortunately, he wasn't as familiar with how to not blow our cover. He was getting better though, and I did my best to be a friend. A bit of good news, we'd found out that Silas and MECH had been terminated, though the Decepticon threat still hung over our heads.

I was daydreaming in the main hangar when Smokescreen got my attention.

"Hey Amy, wanna go for a drive?" he asked. I nodded.

"Alright, but stay in vehicle mode at all times and we aren't going through town." I said. Smokescreen sighed.

"Alright." he said. He transformed into his vehicle mode, a white and blue race car with double 38's on the doors. I transformed as well, driving at an easy pace out of the base. Smokescreen followed, then sped up next to me.

"Race me?" he asked.

"Not today." I replied. I was pretty even with him as far as speed, but I also had nitro and less wind resistance. He said nothing, but his engine revved and he floored it ahead of me. I called ahead.

"Smokescreen! Listen to an order for once, will you?" I said, speeding to catch up. He laughed, slamming on the brakes and pulling up even with me.

"Sure, but since when are you Optimus?" he asked. I sighed, and would've facepalmed if I hadn't been in vehicle mode.

"I'm just saying..." I said. Smokescreen huffed, staying quiet. I drove in silence, trying to enjoy the desert scenery, but I heard an engine rev and was about to reprimand Smokescreen again, but a red sports car shoved in between both of us, nearly making us both lose control. I screeched to a halt, Smokescreen following suit, and I groaned inwardly when I recognized the paint job of the car.

"Hey, watch it you jerk!" Smokescreen said. I pulled forward, then transformed. Smokescreen was confused.

"Amy?! You just blew our cover!" he yelled. I glanced back at him.

"No I didn't." I said. At this, the car transformed into Knockout, and I armed my wrist blades, standing defensively. Smokescreen took this as a sign to transform, and he stood a bit behind me.

"Who the slag is that?" he asked. Knockout grinned, and I glanced back at Smokescreen.

"His name is Knockout. Watch yourself, he's a 'Con." I said. Knockout smiled, bringing out his staff that he'd injured Bumblebee and I with a while ago.

"That I am. And lucky me, I was supposed to be running recon, but it looks like I found myself some strays from the Autobot ranks. Megatron will be pleased if I return you to the ship for questioning." Knockout said, powering on his spear and lunging. I ducked, and since Smokescreen had had special training on Cybertron, I wasn't worried about him...that is unless he got cocky. I darted in, slashing with my wrist blades and gouging Knockout's back and side. He whirled, smacking me with the butt of his spear, and as I went to use my commlink, he zapped me briefly, causing a flash of pain to bolt through my frame and shorting out my commlink.

Smokescreen was starting to get reckless, as I feared, and Knockout sent him flying with the shaft of his spear. I struggled to my feet, and Smokescreen did the same as Knockout faced me. I stood defensively, and Smokescreen managed to blast Knockout, leaving a fair sized wound, but also marring Knockout's finish in the process. He snarled, drawing back as his spear crackled electricity. Smokescreen's optics widened, and I made a split second decision, not having time to think about the repercussions.

"Smokescreen, run!" I said, throwing myself in front of him and pushing him backwards, almost making him fall on his aft. Knockout's spear connected between my shoulders and I stiffened, the massive charge of electricity frying my circuits. I hit my knees, Knockout still not letting up, and I choked out to Smokescreen one last time.

"Go!" I yelled. He looked at me sadly, then transformed and whipped around, flooring it away from us. I only had a slight sense of relief before my optics went dark and I blacked out.

......

I woke, my senses fuzzy, seemingly instantly. I realized I was lying on a metal floor, and when I flicked my gaze upwards, I suppressed a gasp.

Megatron himself was standing over me, and he was flanked by a number of soldiers. I tried to scramble backwards, but Megatron ordered two of his guards forward.

"Restrain her." he said. I thrashed and struggled the best I could but was soon held firmly in the grip of the two soldiers. Knockout stepped forward from behind me, instantly complaining about how Smokescreen and I had marred his paint job. Megatron glared.

"Enough, Knockout. Take this Autobot, but I want her alive, do you understand me? She could be a valuable subject for your testing of synthetic energon." Megatron said. Knockout bowed.

"I live to serve, lord Megatron." he said, gesturing for the soldiers to take me down a hall. I kicked and writhed like I was possesed, but the guards kept their hold and stepped through a door that opened automatically at their approach. My optics widened at the array of surgical tools and horror instilling instruments that were lined around a table. Knockout strolled in behind us, casually checking the sharpness of his claws.

"Put her on the table." he said.