Chapter 2

Amy Pov
I continued going to school, usually riding there and back with whoever asked first if I wanted a ride, though sometimes I just took my bike. Weekends were good though, I got to hang out with my new friends, human and otherwise, and I learned even more about the Cybertronian world.

Something else, I found Ratchet is really good to ask about science and math questions. I had a Trigonometry question that had taken me an hour and I was stumped, Ratchet took one look at it and rattled off the answer without batting an optic. I just gaped at him, writing down the answer before I forgot it.

Thankfully, the end of the school year rolled around and I could spend my entire time with the Autobots, as well as my new human friends.

...

A man's image popped up on the screen in the hangar and spoke loudly.

"Prime! We've got a situation, the cons found a boatload of energon in a crater in Argentina, go stop them before they can take it and use it to their advantage!" the man said. Optimus walked up to the screen.

"Agent Fowler, I understand speed is of the essence, what are the Decepticons' present coordinates?" he said. Something flashed up on the screen and Optimus turned to his team.

"Autobots, transform and roll out!" Optimus called, turning into a semi and heading through the ground bridge that Ratchet had just opened. I was jerked out of my confusion by Miko grabbing my arm and dragging me to the bridge.

"Come on! You get to watch your first smackdown!" Miko said, running with me in tow, leaving Raf and Jack behind. We crossed out of the ground bridge, which still made me nauseous, and ran to the lip of a crater and peered down.

Shots were firing like crazy, and every once in a while I saw a large blue crystal get shattered as a shot hit it or a bot was thrown at it. Miko leaned over the edge of the crater, snapping pictures with her phone as I tried to call her back. I suppose it was extremely good luck on her part or extremely bad on mine what happened next. I would guess that a sizeable chunk of the energon crystals had been blown up, that would explain how the shards got over the top of the crater...

As soon as the explosion happened, Miko lost her balance and fell down the inside slope of the crater, sliding a few yards before she stopped herself and found cover. I, on the other hand, was not very lucky. The next thing I knew after the explosion, a sharp, stabbing pain struck between my ribs on my left side. I looked down, immediately going into shock, because a large blue shard was wedged between my ribs, directly into my heart from what I could tell. I only wondered how I wasn't dead, but every throb of my heart tore a fresh pain through my chest and I already knew I had gone into deep shock. My mind kept losing focus, though I stayed conscious, and I staggered before dropping to my knees and rolling over onto my back.

Miko climbed laboriously back over the edge of the crater, and nearly had a coronary when she saw me. She looked scared, guilty, and grossed out all at the same time. Tears already streaming down her face, she flipped open her phone and dialed a number.

"Ratchet! Call back the troops now, Amy's hurt!" she practically yelled into the phone. I could hear Ratchet on the other end.

"What? How did she get injured?" Ratchet said.

"I dragged her through the ground bridge, it's not her fault... She's got a freaking energon shard stuck in her chest, no she's not okay!" Miko said after Ratchet must have asked if I was alright. I grimaced, and I heard Ratchet say he'd tell Optimus. Miko shut her phone, looking at me helplessly. More firing erupted from the crater before a mess of jets rose into the sky and took off. The Autobots quickly appeared over the lip of the crater, almost in disbelief when they saw me.