Chapter 3

Amy Pov
I slept in the next morning until Bulkhead's steps jarred me awake. I sat up and stretched, the fact that it should've hurt like a mo-fo didn't register until a few seconds later. Experimentally, I got up from the couch, to my surprise I felt like I was normal again. The look on Ratchet's face was priceless when I took the steps two at a time and jogged up to him. He stuttered at me.

"How did you just...?" he asked. I shrugged.

"I dunno, but I feel great, like nothing ever happened." I said. I noted that my side ached slightly, but I remembered it was probably just the stitches pulling at my already healed skin. Ratchet scanned me again, examining the results before looking at me incredulously.

"By the All Spark... you're completely recovered..." Ratchet said. "Your Cybertronian biology has also spread to your entire body..." Ratchet muttered, looking back down at the scan. I glanced around, noting that Bulkhead was still there but Bumblebee and Arcee were gone.

"Where's Arcee and Bumblebee?" I asked. Ratchet shook off his disbelief to answer me, but Bulkhead piped up instead.

"Arcee took Jack to work and Bumblebee is out for a drive with Miko and Raf." Bulkhead said. I went over to my bike, slipping my helmet on as I started the engine.

"I'm gonna see if I can find Bee, I can't stand not doing anything. I'll stay in touch." I said, showing Ratchet I had my phone before I put it in my pocket. I revved my bike's engine to take off, but Ratchet called me back for a moment.

"Don't you want your stitches out? I could call June..." he said. I shook my head, and my voice was hard to hear because it was muffled by my helmet and nearly drowned out by my bike idling.

"Later, I'm fine for now. Besides, June's probably busy." I said before exiting the base. I opened up my motorcycle to near full throttle, crouching low behind the handlebars as everything raced by. Near town, I saw another bike coming from the opposite direction and slowed greatly, recognizing it as Arcee. She stopped as well, not bothering to deactivate the hologram she was using.

"Amy? How are you out like this?" she asked.

"Somehow I'm healed, I feel fine. I was just looking for Bumblebee and the kids if you happened to know where they were." I said, revving the engine on my bike.

"They're on the road heading north out of town, but before you go, how about a race? I want to see what that replica of me can do." Arcee said.

"Technically, you're a replica of my bike. Remember?" I said. I didn't mean to be mean, but I could tell simply by looking at Arcee that I was going to win. She wasn't turbocharged and I had a bit of a, ahem, special addition to my bike. I accepted anyway, telling myself I'd keep it fair and almost let her win.

"Sure. How far?" I asked. She seemed to look for a moment, judging distance.

"To the next mile marker and back here." Arcee said. I nodded.

"Ready when you are." I said, revving my bike as I waited.

"Go!" Arcee shouted and tore off. I pretended to get a bad start and let her get ahead of me. She wasn't going full throttle, yet, and we were at the mile marker quickly. I smashed the brakes and used my foot as a pivot point to turn. Now was when I showed what my bike could really do. I flicked on the turbo, pulling up next to Arcee, then hovered my thumb over a red button. I yelled over the wind at Arcee, who was now trying her hardest to beat me.