"Also, what?" I asked.

He started blushing. "He asked if we could go out for lunch. He said it was only 'as' friends."

Ohhh! It's finally happening.

"You know he's liked you for years. Like, liked you liked you. More then a friend."

"I know. No matter how secretive he tries to be, it's really obvious."

"What did you tell him?" I was already planning the specifics of this date. Whether or not they wanted me to get involved. Also, of course, it was a date. 'Just friends' my ass.

"I said yes." He said, blushing and looking away.

"Finally!"

"Why does it seem like you've been plotting for this to happen for years now?"

"Because I have." Of course, I have. The three of us grew up together, we've been inseparable ever since we were kids. Blake and I were best friends, we're the same age, and when Zavy joined us a while later, he naturally fit into our group. Even though he is a year older than us. But when you're privately tutored your entire life, one year doesn't really matter.

When Blake started having a crush on Xavier, our group kind of started splitting apart. Only a few years previous my parents died on a mission, so our friendship was already awkward. Then I started dating, and I spent less time mending the weird relationship between the guys. Things haven't been the same since, and I can only hope our old friendship returns to the way it was.

"Anyway, let me take care of everything. All will go perfectly." I say, winking at him.

"No Mia. You will not get involved. I don't want this to be bigger then it needs to be."

"Zavy,"

"Don't call me that."

"Zavy, you like him, don't you?" I say, not caring about his complaints. He'll always be 'Zavy' to me.

"...Yes." I mentally did a summersault.

"Well, obviously he likes you." I'm just helping give you guys a nudge forward.

As he sighed, his phone rang. He picked it up.

"Agent Steel." Ooh... So hot Xavier.

For 2 minutes all I could hear was Zavy nodding his head and saying 'yep.' That all stopped, however, when Xavier suddenly yelled "What?"

He looked over at me as he told the person on the other end of the line to repeat what was just said. He put the phone on speaker so that I could hear.

"After spending the last day and a half going over buried files belonging to the Mills family, we have managed to find a connection between the Mills and the Stevensons. The Stevensons, are old business associates of the Yorks'. There is a group of emails dating over 15 years ago, talking about overthrowing the Yorks' and seizing their business for themselves. Both of the families were talking about splitting the money."

"What about Sasha? Does she have any ideas about this? Does Ryan know about her?" I ask.

"We're still looking for miss. Mills' files. So far, we've started with her parents. As for Ryan, his family has been cleared, him included. But there could be physical conversations that we obviously can't get."

"Keep looking," Xavier says.

"Yes, sir." Comes from the other end of the line, before it goes dead. Then, Xavier turns back to me.

"We need a way to question Sasha." Xavier states.

"We have one."

"What is it?"

"You're not going to like it," I say, looking away.

"What is it?" He sounds irritated as if he's already piecing together what my plan is.

"Ryan Lewis. We send him to question his girlfriend."

"No Way. Absolutely not."

"We don't have anyone else, we can't question her in the open without tipping them off and putting even more people in danger," I state the obvious. He may not like it, but we haven't got anyone else.

"...Fine." He says gruffly.

"What are you waiting for! Bring him here!"

"Why here?"

"Because he'll take it better from me then from you. I'm the one in the hospital here. Don't you remember anything from that course of Psychology we took?"

"Fine" With that he left the room.

I didn't really know what exactly I was going to say to the poor teenager named Ryan Lewis, but I needed to do what had to be done.

10 minutes later, Xavier is back with a basically kicking and screaming Ryan.

"Listen to her, kid," Zavy tells Ryan, and exits the room. Ryan looks at me.

"We found some, ahem, interesting stuff in the Mills' files. Stuff that directly puts them to blame for the murder of Rebecca and William Micheal York. We need you to talk to Sasha and see if she knows something." I tell him only the basics. Only what he needs to know.

He freaks out.

"Why do you think Sasha has anything to do with it! She must've been only 6 when the murder happened! I get Alana and Chloe hate Sasha, but you should be neutral! Shame  on you!"

"Calm down! I'm not accusing anyone of anything. I'm asking you to talk to her to get more information. Her parents are goners, we have physical evidence to lock them up for a long time. But Sasha could still be cleared. Depending on her knowledge of the situation."

"What would be required of me?"

"Go talk to her. We'll bug you so that we could listen, but other than that, you just have to get her to tell you what you want."

"Fine."

"Why did you suddenly start cooperating?"

"I just want to see her. To prove she's innocent. To prove you guys all wrong."

"I really hope we're wrong."

*******************************
First Published September 22nd, 2019.

Hey guys! Look at this, it's a Mia chapter... to tell you the truth, when I was planning this story this chapter was not supposed to be from her POV, but when I went to write it, I realized it wouldn't have worked from any other side.

Anyways, I hope all of you enjoyed this chapter and will consider leaving likes and comments!

Happy reading!
Dani💙