C H A P T E R 7

"What the fuck?" I murmured, looking around the fucking mini cave waterfall combo in the backyard of the house. "This is insane."

"Yeah. That was my reaction too. It'd be a hideaway if it was against something, but the secret spot is actually behind the waterfall."

"That crawl space?" I asked, lookin down at my hoodie. I didn't really want to get wet.

Seeing my hesitation, she let out a beautiful giggle. "You're cute."

My heart seized, jaw clenching achingly.

Mission acquired. Make her giggle genuinely again.

She walked over to the rocky bar, pulling the torch and-

"Ok, what the actual fuck? Is this Scooby Doo?"

The rocks slid open, revealing a walkway. My jaw had to have dropped, because she let out another giggle. She walked over, grabbing my wrist which launched me out of my stupor.

"We got to hurry. It closes in ten seconds." She was still giggling as she led me into a walkway.

Sure enough, the door closed behind us, fitting back into the wall like a puzzle piece. I couldn't help but shake my head.

Rich people, man.

Her hand was still on my wrist as she led me to a small sitting area. I probably looked like a kid in Disney World as my eyes widened in awe. How the hell does one person even think to hide something this spacious behind a fucking waterfall?

 How the hell does one person even think to hide something this spacious behind a fucking waterfall?

"What's with the jerseys?" I looked around, clenching my jaw to keep it from falling. You could still faintly hear the waterfall if it was quiet enough.

"I don't know. The couches are super comfy though." She plopped down onto a recliner, doing a little wiggle before she began to lean out, propping her feet up.

The small pat on the armrest was a signal for me to join her, her vibe very inviting. I swallowed inaudibly, taking the seat next to her.

"Is there another secret room?" I joked, leaning back into the surprisingly soft material. It was comfortable as fuck.

"The other way, yeah. It's a pool table in there."

"Holy fuck. I was joking."

"Trust me, I was as shocked as you."

"That's insane. Like truly."

"It honestly is. But hey, I don't judge. It's his money."

"You got that right." I chuckled deeply, listening to the soft sound of the water. She offered a pencil and pad to me.

"Want one?"

I shook my head softly. "Nah. I do most of my writing on a secret Google Docs account."

"Smart." She lifted the pen as if raising a drink. I let out a short laugh.