C H A P T E R 6

I couldn't stop staring.

Cameron had hit me multiple times to tear my gaze away, but my eyes kept finding themselves stuck on the various stars around the room.

They were so fine.

Like damn God.

Put some in the rest of us.

"And that concludes episode one's table read." Drake grinned, beginning the applause. When the claps stopped, I saw Sam looking over at me.

He stood up, not breaking eye contact as he motioned for me to follow him into the kitchen.

As I stood up, Cameron and Frank eyes both darted to me.

"Where you going?" Frank asked, his manager voice laced with concern.

I gave him a sheepish smile. "Just gonna talk to Sam."

"Let me g-"

"It's ok, Frank." I patted his shoulder. "I can handle a little talk."

"Take your time." Cam whispered.

I rolled my eyes at them, the smile on my face making them relax slightly.

When I made it to the kitchen, I was met with Sam sitting on the counter.

"Drake won't mind?"

"Nah. Aubrey's cool." He leaned forward, "You're cooler though."

"Me?" I questioned, leaning back on the cool marble.

"Yes. Aubrey said you're a genius. That your name should be Weather cause you're always changing."

"Oof that's a bar." I whispered.

"See. You're in artist mode even right now. It's so impressive."

"Thank you sir. No offense but..."

"Yeah, let me get to my point." He chuckled, rubbing the back of his head. "Music is an important part of the show. We plan to play it a lot in the background and one song in particular will be specifically for Rue. Now Zendaya came up with this title 'All For Us'. Something about how Rue dies drugs because of her stresses so it's technically all for them."

"Hm. I don't think it's because of her stresses, but because of her love for them. She took it to cope with her Dad right? That's why she was only happy when she was high afterwards."

"You sure do ear hustle."

"I may have zoned out, but when you and Aubrey were trying to have Zen embody her, I figured she'd need the juicy shit. So, I listened."

"So you think it should be all for love?"

"Nah, I like 'All For Us'. It could work perfectly for the ending."

"I knew you were awesome man!" He smiled excitedly, fist pumping before hugging me tightly. I laughed, patting his back twice as he shook his head in disbelief. "It's insane man."

"You said Zen wrote it?" I asked quickly.

"Yes. Girl is talented."

"Did she have a melody in mind?"

"I don't know." He murmured to himself before walking to the edge of the kitchen. "ZEN GET AWAY FROM JACOB AND COME HERE!"

Why would she-Oh right. He likes her.

Not on my watch, Australian.

"I wasn't by Jacob." Her voice was accompanied by a giggle. "I was playing Spider-Man with Triple A."