S2E02: Miraculous

INT. CATACOMBS - NIGHT

Underneath the city of Paris, lies a system of catacombs. Three trill seekers, Xace, Yeri and Zans, wearing counter-culture attire, walk through the catacombs, armed with flashlights.

ZANS

It's right over here!

INT. JACK'S TOMB - NIGHT

Zans pushes back a heavy slate of marble to reveal a hidden room connected to the catacomb tunnel. Inside the tiny room is a large stone coffin, scorched by a primitive fire. The teens eagerly run into the room and examine the structure.

ZANS

Check it out! What do you think it is?

Yeri walks around the coffin to get a better look at it.

YERI

I think its a coffin! Must have belonged to some important guy!

XACE

Hey! Take my picture with it!

Xace leans on the top slate of the coffin, posing for a picture. As Zans pulls out her camera, the pressure Xace placed on the slate causes it to slide off, throwing Xace onto the ground. Zans and Yeri run to help him up.

YERI

You okay?

Just then, a mist rolls out of the coffin. They turn to it in shock. Then, long, metallic like claws grab the edges of the coffin. A figure hoists himself up from the coffin. Opening its yellow, piercing eyes, it turns to the teens, revealing itself to be SPRINGHEEL JACK, a pale, scrawny looking man with a blue cape and helmet.

SPRINGHEEL JACK

I am... Awake!

XACE

Um... Good morning?

Jack grins at them but then breathes a blue flame onto them.

EXT. CEMETERY - NIGHT

Jack jumps out from the catacomb entrance and lands in the middle of the cemetery. He turns to the horizon and sees the Eiffel Tower in the distance.

SPRINGHEEL JACK

Paris? Oh-La-La, I've always wanted to go on holiday!

Jack jumps out of the cemetery, landing several hundred feet away at the corner of a near by street. He hops again and disappears into the distance.

EXT. PARIS STREET - NIGHT

As pedestrians stroll along the sidewalk, minding their own business, Jack flies past them in wind creating speeds.

EXT. CAFE - NIGHT

A man sits in front of a cafe while sipping a cup of tea. Just then, Jack lands in front of the man, causing him to fall back on his chair. He looks up and sees Jack devouring the croissant that was on his plate. Jack then spits out the food in complete disgust.