S1E02: Through the Corn Groves

EXT. CORN FIELD HIGHWAY - NIGHT

A red SUV speeds down a highway that cuts into Corn County.

INT. RED SUV - NIGHT

A man drives while a woman sits in the passenger seat.

MAN

Are we really having this conversation now?

WOMAN

You'd make a great father.

MAN

Honey, children scare me! They're like... Creepy, tiny, dumber humans!

WOMAN

Well... What if I were to tell you... Two children were on their way right now?

The man turns to the woman in shock.

MAN

Huh?

All of a sudden, two children, Thomas and Abigail, run out onto the road.

WOMAN

Look out!

The man turns, sees the kids, and swerves around them, then slamming on the breaks.

EXT. CORN FIELD HIGHWAY

The kids cradle each other in fear. Then they look up. The man and the woman hop out of the car and run over to them.

MAN

What are you kids doing here?

WOMAN

You could have gotten yourself killed!

THOMAS

Sir! Mame! You got to help us!

ABIGAIL

There's a monster chasing us!

MAN

What? Where are you parents?

Just then, a large, hairy creature lands in front of the hood of their car. The man and the woman slowly turn around, only to lock eyes with the monster. The creature roars at them. The man and the woman scream.

Cut to black.

EXT. GAS STATION

An old man sits in a rocking chair and patiently waits for costumers. He stops upon seeing the woman and the man, dirty and mangled, carrying the two children on their backs. The old man gets up from his chair, shocked and horrified.

OLD MAN

Goodness me! What happened to y'all?

MAN

Can we use your phone?

INT. POLICE STATION - DAY

An obese police officer sits in his office while eating an entire case of donuts. Just then, a skinnier by comparison cop leans into his office, with a sly grin on his face.