S1E11: For the Good of Mankind

EXT. EZEKIEL'S MANSION - NIGHT

A GROUNDS KEEPER walks across the lawn of the mansion, minding his own business. He looks up and sees a light coming from inside the mansion. Confused, the grounds keeper approaches the main entrance, which is open.

As he heads toward the door, he can see a shadow drifting out of the house.

GROUNDS KEEPER

Excuse me!

The shadow moves, responding to the keeper's voice.

GROUNDS KEEPER (CONT'D)

This is private property. You shouldn't be here.

Just then, more shadows drift out of the door. The keeper steps back, fearing a mob. Then, a group of pale looking men step out of the house, glaring at the grounds keeper.

GROUNDS KEEPER (CONT'D)

I'm sorry fellas, but the state owns the house. I can't let anyone in.

The men walk up to the grounds keeper. The man takes several steps back as the men get closer.

GROUNDS KEEPER (CONT'D)

If you want to purchase the house... You'll have to talk to someone at the bank...

Just before the men could anything, someone jumps in between him and the mob.

EZEKIEL

No! Let this man be!

The pale men look annoyed, but they walk away from the figure. The mystery man turns around, revealing to be EZEKIEL POBA, a young, pale looking man.

EZEKIEL (CONT'D)

I'm sorry sir. You must have not been informed. I have purchased this house.

GROUNDS KEEPER

I... What was that...

EZEKIEL

Please. Your services here are no longer needed. Go. Get out of here.

GROUNDS KEEPER

But...

Ezekiel points to the exit in a hostile manner. The old man stares at the exit, then back to Ezekiel. With a sign, he walks toward the exit. Ezekiel watches him walk away, takes a deep breathe, and turns to the mansion. Another pale man, MONTGOMERY, middle aged, walks up to him.

MONTGOMERY

Is everything ready for Saturday night?

EZEKIEL

Yes. Invite the guests. It will be a night for us to remember, indeed.

They walk over to the mansion.

INT. BEN'S ROOM - DAY

Ben's room is filled with steam coming from underneath the bathroom door and the sound of a shower running can be heard. Suddenly a faucet is turned, causing the steam to settle and the noise to stop.