S04E01: Americans in Paris

EXT. STREETS OF PARIS - NIGHT

On a lonely stretch of road in the middle of Paris, we see a young woman walking her dog under the guidance of the street lamps. Suddenly, a masked figure comes barging out of an alleyway and pushes the woman to the ground. In the frenzy, the man grabs onto the woman's pocketbook and takes off with it.

FRENCH WOMAN

Help! Someone help me!

All of a sudden, up on the rooftops, a figure can be seen racing above. She jumps down and throws a lasso around the man's leg, pulling them towards her. The figure steps out of the light to reveal herself to be Ladybug. She grabs the handbag and hands it back to the woman.

LADYBUG

I believe this belongs to you!

FRENCH WOMAN

Oh, thank you! And... You are...

Ladybug slumps down as if this wasn't the first time this has happened.

LADYBUG

Ladybug! You know! The city-wide famous superhero! You seriously don't remember me?

The woman just shook her head. Ladybug just sighed and recoiled her yo-yo.

LADYBUG

Just stay safe...

Ladybug then throws her yo-yo up at something off-screen and swings away. The woman and her dog walk over the passed-out thief and continue with their stroll.

INT. MARIONETTE'S ROOM - NIGHT

Ladybug swings into her room via an open window. She then transforms back into her regular self, Marionette. Doing so, Tiki is released from her state too.

TIKI

What happened?

MARIONETTE

Another person didn't recognize me! I mean... It's fine, I don't care. I'm not in it for the fame. But it's just so weird! Why does nobody remember me? I mean... Look at this!

Marionette runs over to her computer and begins to type something up. Tiki flies over her shoulder and reads what's on the computer.

MARIONETTE

Okay, see... A few days ago, I was the main headline in the Paris Pop Monthly! You know, after Cat and I clobbered that Chicken Man.

TIKI

Oh, I loved the Chicken Man!

MARIONETTE

Everyone does! Or at least, I thought they did! But now look!

Marionette points to an article on the computer. The article headline reads, "Escargot or escar-don't; Are Snails making people uglier?"

MARIONETTE

Look at that! Not a single reference to me or Cat!

TIKI

Are you sure they just didn't delete the article cause of a typo or something?

MARIONETTE

It's not just that article! Remember those standees in front of that German bakery that me and Cat posed for? They're gone! Nathanial's off-brand comic about me? Gone! All those controversial fan art of me online? Gone! It's almost as if I was erased from existence!