To the Max -compleating a thought-

Shaking Hands With A King

The days after meeting the king... I mean my father... were a blur. At the moment I was standing in a fine decorated bedroom, purple silk drapes around a four post bed, and light purple sheets on a king sized bed with a blue duvet. The walls were three different shades of purple with blue trim and my door was black.

I found out that if your door was black meant that someone in your family had died. My bedroom door was black because I went missing; everyone insisted that they change it back to white, I told them to leave it. They thought I was crazy but I actually liked the black door, it was different than every other door and with this hallway having at least a hundred doors I was thankful mine was different. The people here had given me anything and everything they could. The blacksmith gave me space in his shop to work my metal; people on every street would turn around and give me gifts. I was defiantly not used to this kind of life.

My father was slowly getting better, he was completely solid by this morning. Everyone says that his spirits instantly rose the moment he saw me, there were a lot of rumors going around about us. But they all ended with the same thing, "and now the king has returned to his former self!" The city didn't seem as dreary now, people were out and about not a care in the world, smiling and looking around.

As much as I didn't want too, I was hiding. I never liked attention in the first place, and now people are getting on their hands and knees! Well not really but you get the idea. So now I'm getting dressed up for a princess coronation.

I'm a freaking PRINCESS!!!

Yeah Makus told me my father was a king, but never before did I make the connection that when a king has a daughter, that makes he a princess. It must have been lying under the fact that hey I just found my family in a magical kingdom!

But hey my life's still normal. I kiss babies, give advice, ride horses, practice sword fighting... yeah normal.

Let's start from when I first met my father...

>>Flashback<<

"Makus call a council meeting right away." My father snapped. Wow it was so strange this man was my father, this was the truth. It was a lot to take in, in an instant. I mean it finally hit me, the magical world, the kingdom, the fact that my father was the king. It was so strange being around him like this. He suddenly became more a live looking around the room thinking. His mind must have been going a hundred miles an hour. Makus for one was grinning like an idiot. He had this half smile that gave him the look of a child, showing straight white teeth. I smirked at him, he such a child!

For me, with in an hour of meeting my father I was given a schedule of things to do starting now.

1) Go to town center greet citizens.

2) Begin training with horse (horse back riding)

3) Begin training with sword

Lunch break

4) Go around grounds and meet attack dogs (so they know you).

5) Sit through council meeting with king and mage

6) Magic training with Makus

7) Learn to be a Lady with Mrs. Shefferland

Supper... I know it looks more like a to-do list than a schedule. What made it a schedule was that I did the same thing everyday. The only thing I looked forward to was spending an hour with Makus. As much as I hated him for taking me away from my home, he was the only one I really knew and got a long with. Mrs. Shefferland and I hated each other deeply.