Chat's cat ears pinned to his head. He growled. He let her go. Right now, he needed to plan, and he needed an ice pack.

The next few days were spent searching. He sped through school, and most of the time he spent was as Chat Noir. He had to wake up. And realize that she wasn't playing games anymore. She was rushing him. Rushing everyone. And if they didn't hurry soon Lila was as good as dead.

Frustration built up in him. She was probably watching him. Smiling to herself with a smug look because he couldn't find her. No matter where he looked. Nothing, nothing was there. And when they tried to clean up the mess she made, new pieces of concrete would replace it. And it was useless trying to clean.

He was getting pissed. He had to do this alone. And she wasn't trying to make anything easier for him. The only hint he'd gotten was her promise to hawkmoth about taking his miraculous. And he wouldn't doubt she could slip off the ring if she wanted to.

While frustration was overpowering everything else. He was hurt. While he shouldn't have expected it to be. The night she looked up at him affectionately was probably not genuine. It was just to make him distracted. And that kinda hurt, a lot. And it was messing with everything. It was messing everything up.

Adrien could tear the hair off his head with anger, frustration, hurt. He felt helpless. Like he could just wait to see what happened. Accept defeat. But he had to do this. He was going to do this. For the real Marinette. She wouldn't want this. She's never wanted to hurt anyone.

He pushed himself up. If he didn't do anything. Someone was going to die. Sure, she deserved a lot of things coming to her, but death? That's a bit much. Adrien walked over to his window. Watching light gleam from it. His leaf green eyes searched. What could he do?

At least Alya and some others were doing their best to help him. Alya was watching Punisher's tracks. And lots of people reported sightings. It eased things up just a little bit. And he could investigate spots that were already found than searching for them himself.

"Plagg." He spoked. The kwami silently floated towards him. Plagg at least had a little sympathy. Taking it easy on him as he knew how pressured he felt. "Claws out." He sighed. Once again, for the millionth time being transformed into his suit.

...

Still. Nothing. It's like she could go invisible if she wanted to. And then when she was bored would appear. He sighed. Landing on Marinette's balcony. He wasn't going to find anything here. But he missed the place. He opened the latch to the trap door and entered her room.

It was the same. Left untouched. He looked around. His eyes glanced at the sketchbook. That wasn't there before. He grabbed it. Flipping through the pages. It looked normal till he got to a certain page. It was a detailed picture of Hawkmoth and his surroundings. She left a hint for herself if she got de-evilized. Smart.

There was one paged decorated with tiny chibi figures of him. Puns that he would be proud of. And other goofy and silly pictures of him. He was smiling to himself. A little flustered. The next few pages were of him, her parents. Or an ugly looking Lila. Maybe he could still convince her, Marinette was still there. He's seen her, past the walls she's put up.

Chat grinned. Picking up a pen. You want to taunt me, I'll taunt you. On the next blank page. He did a sloppy drawing of himself, he can't draw, but he did his best. He started writing a note. "Beautiful drawings purr-incess. But It is a shame you won't let your ribbon down so I can save you from your akuma tower." He added a heart at the end. Giggling to himself as he put the pen back and closed the sketchbook. Putting it back where it was as if nothing happened.

He returned to the balcony. In a better mood, he jumped off to go and rest for the night.

---

He's had very few encounters with her. And she's weaseled her way out of all of them. She was actively avoiding him while sliding in the materials for her plan. Ever since he found out she was going back to her room to retrieve her sketchbook. He'd been watching the place, but he didn't catch her yet.

He was recently working with Alya. Giving her private interviews for updates. Seeing what she's tracked. Bit by bit his life was getting easier. And the stress was disappearing.

The only dialogue he got from Punisher was their mini talks in the sketchbook. Responses were passive-aggressive. And Somehow sometimes it turned into passive-aggressive flirting. It bubbled up from a hidden annoyance. Like something they wanted to get out but couldn't.

Chat spent more time near the wall. And Marinette's room. That's where Punisher must have been active the most. He frowned. Waiting. She must be out here doing something. It scared him that she was so silent. She's up to no good. And he knows it for sure.

The next time he sees her. No holding back. He's getting that ribbon. And he's saving Marinette. This has gone on for too long. He huffed. Leaving and going back to his room.

Chat Noir stopped showing up after a while. Nothing was happening. And he needed rest. Especially if he was going to fight her once again. No matter how painful it'd be. Adrien sat on his bed. Watching the Ladyblog for any more news. Nope, nothing. He sighed. Laying on his bed. He was just going to lay here. For the next eight days and worry about nothing. Sounded good.

But no. Punisher wasn't going to give him that. She had something planned.

I decided to tell you guys this that this month I am really busy. I might update once every two weeks so don't expect regular updates to come. I will also be starting a new book called pick up and chase. I will still update this book as much as I can. I will also try to update both books at the same time to make it fair.

Bye for now~