Chapter 6

This chapter is filler. With uh, some shippy stuff in it.

Search party

It had been weeks since Punisher was last seen and Lila went missing. The only thing the police could find was a hole in a wall caused by a dagger. But it was verified to be old. Chat rubbed his temples. What in the world was Marinette doing? He was frustrated and worried at the same time.

Did she...No, she wouldn't do that to Lila. Even if she did, she would've given up her akuma, her job would be done. She was planning something. And that girl was smart. He thought back to the battle they had. She knew the belt was detachable, and she used it to her advantage. Chat said au revoir to the police before using his baton to lift him into the air.

Chat ran across a few rooftops. Enjoying the wind as it blew through his hair. He landed on a rooftop. His pupils shrinking. He looked among buildings. "If I were a smart and beautiful akuma who hated Lila Rossi where would I be." He whispered to himself. In a feline-like pose. He leaped to the next building. Looking around.

Dammit. He couldn't think of anything. Damn Marinette. Damn Hawkmoth. He needed to find some clues to where she was. He had no idea when or where execution day was, or what was going to happen. Especially since that name was a bit..scary with no meaning.

He decided to go back to the one place where she could be but with a small chance. She returned to her balcony. Seeing if anything was out of place or recently used. Same with checking her room. He sighed and just went back up and jumped off. He really needed a close friend right now. And none of his classmates were available.

Chat went in an alley and detransformed. He grinned. Knowing just where to go.

---

Adrien stepped into the doors of the hotel. Looking around nervously. He heard the familiar voice.

"Addriiikiiinnnss!"

Before the other blonde could run up and kiss him, he awkwardly stopped her by grabbing her shoulders stiffly. He gave her an awkward smile before releasing. Chloe raised a brow at him and he just looked to the side. She rolled her blue eyes. "What's wrong?" She asked.

"Well, I needed to talk to someone and Nino isn't an option and Marinette...is kinda dangerous." He could already hear her cold voice in his head correcting him. 'It's Punisher."

Chloe's eyes narrowed and widened. "You've been talking to that baker's daughter?! For how long!" Chloe's foot tapped her foot impatiently. "Oh my god did you come here to talk about your feelings! You're in love with her?!"

Adrien shook his head. "No! I-" He groaned. "It's complicated. Um, we've been talking like for forever now. But I think she hates me now and I hate myself for it." Chloe stared at him. "Ugh, very well. Let's go." She scoffed. They walked beside each other to the elevator.

...

"We had a fight. Not like an actual fist fight but an argument of some sort." Adrien explained. Technically they did have a fight but he couldn't tell his civilian friend he was Chat Noir and Punisher hit him with a giant fucking hammer. And that thing hurt.

Chloe filed her nails humming. "Well, once she does get over this akumatization thing. Honestly, I hope she murders that girl." Adrien looked at her shocked. "Chloe!" he yelled earning her a snicker. "Look, Lila ruined her. She took my throne. And now she's getting her karma. Chat might as well give up and let Lila have it." She shrugged with a smirk. "I heard that he got his ass handed to."