Chapter 7

Attention

It was a normal patrol around the city. Nothing had changed. It made him nervous. Ms. Akuma hadn't done anything. Some part of him was thinking she was torturing Lila until she was satisfied. Hopefully, that wasn't it. The people of Paris were aware of the akuma. But she'd never made attention to herself publicly.

Well, until he just had to jinx it.

Punisher had appeared on top of a building. A wide grin on her face as she spread her arms welcomingly as if it were some kind of show or magic act. The people froze. Chat watched, his eyes narrowing. He prepared himself in a pose in case he needed to act himself.

Punisher's grin remained. "People of Paris! I am Punisher! And I am here to punish Paris for all their wrongdoings!" She declared. Reaching for her hammer as she looked amongst the crowd. "I can feel all the negativity you've done. And all of you shall be punished so!" It was only a matter of seconds before Punisher jumped to another building. Her Hammer being brought up and crashing against the side.

The building began to crumble. Falling apart as large chunks of concrete and metal began falling. But she didn't stop there. She moved to certain buildings. Her hammer crashing into the sides of buildings. Leaving things to crumble apart.

Chat moved to evacuate the people. Letting them pass through and saving them from flying pieces. He observed her. Pieces were piling up. Almost creating a wall of some sort. But she was being discreet. While people were still in danger. She was still giving him a way to save them while stalling him to stop her. On top of that, she was, building something. At least she still had morals.

Chat made sure he got all civilians out of there before he launched himself into the air. Punisher had returned to where she had made her entrance. He landed pointing his baton at her threateningly. She put a finger to it and put it off direction. He frowned. "You've gone too far."

Punisher echoed his expression. "And I haven't before?" Chat's frown just tightened. Unfazed by her words. Punisher grabbed the baton. "Something tells me you hate Lila just as much as I do." Before she could make a move. He did first. Yanking her forward. They were in each other's face. Anger and irritation filled in their eyes. "Maybe I do. Maybe I don't. But I will not let you hurt innocent people just so you can fulfill your motive." Punisher scowled.

Again, he decided to make the first move. Using some force to use the baton to hit her in the chest. Making her stumble back. She gained balance. Dodging his baton. When she went to reach for her hammer his baton extended and he hit her hand. Making her pull it back and cursing under her breath.

When he attempted to get her distracted, she grabbed the baton. Flipping him and slamming him onto the ground. Air left his lungs, he hissed as his baton retracted. But he got up as she turned around. He rolled to the back of her and wrapped his baton around her. How this thing was bendable, no idea. It kept her still. But his hands were not available. And her ribbon was right there.

She was panicking. Squirming as her akumatized object was out in the open. He was trying to figure out what to do himself. Punisher's head fell. It looked like she was giving up in defeat. Chat stared at that. She was going to give up that easily?

Nope.

The back of her head crashed against his forehead. Making him fall back and she was released. He clutched his head and so did she. That hurt, a lot. He groaned, looking at her. "Why are you doing this." Punisher turned. Looking at him. "You don't like my preparations?" Her hands were behind her back.

She didn't bother to smile. Obviously, she was ignoring the throbbing pain they both shared. "You can't control me anymore. Execution day is in a few days, and I will. Get my revenge." She promised. Her eyes were ice. As if you looked straight into them, you'd be turned into a popsicle.