When he reached the bus, Ama had already changed and was doing her hair in the mirror.

"Is that a picnic!?" She gasped, blue eyes dancing with delight.

"Sure is." Graham replied, throwing on a T-shirt and some shorts.

Just as he finished, Ama enclosed him in her vice like arms again.

"Can you kiss me now?" She asked, batting her now blue eyes up at Graham.
"Have I ever mentioned that you are adorably short." He said, trying to distract her.

"Why won't you kiss me." She whined, poking his chest. He leaned down and pecked her for head.

"Happy now." He said.

She beamed up at him then said, "No."
With a sigh, Graham picked up the picnic basket and they made their was, hand in hand, to the garage.

It was a beautiful day, the sun shone brigjt in the sky, not a single cloud could be seen for miles. Once they'd reached the lake, they set out their blanket and spent a few minutes basking in the sun's warmth.

"Isn't beautiful here." Ama said as she gazed around. "It's like a one of those magical paradises you see in the movies."

Graham opened an eye and peered at the lake. "I guess, but it's man made."

"How?"

"It was hit by a bomb at a funny angle, hense the waterfall."

Ama shrugged. "It's still beautiful."

"Not as beautiful as my girlfriend." Graham replied, pulling her close and removing her shades. "Those eyes, are so fucking pretty. You don't understand the effect you have on me Ama."

"Aww, look at you being all romantic and sweet. You make me all tingly." She said, grinning widely.

"You make me tingly. Now let's eat."

And they did, the food wasn't all that great, having been roughly put together with limited supplies, but that wasn't in the slightest bit important. For Graham, having Ama in his arms was enough, just seeing her smile, hearing her laugh.
She was the causes of his euphoria. She was his everything.

"When will I meet your parents?" He asked, interrupting her speech on cotton farming.

"When the campaign is over. So around the beginning of October, I'll be going home to France. Quite frankly I've over stayed my limits over here. I miss my family."

"What.. um... What do you think they'll think of me?" He asked a little nervous.

"Well... You have built quite a reputation for yourself young man, having had many women roll around in your sheets."

Graham groaned, his playboy days seemed so far away, thinking back, he was almost horrified by his behaviour. He really did hope her family could look past that, especially after telling her how he felt.

"But then again..." Ama continued. "I've been known to do whatever the hell I want, sineven if they don't like you, we're not breaking up. You make me happy, that's all that matters to me."

Graham was suddenly overcome with love for this woman, the resolve in her tone spoke volumes.

"I have a present for you." He said before rushing back to the jeep. He quickly gathered the pieces together before heading back to Ama.

"That looks heavy, let me help." She said, rushing over to help.

"No!" He cried. "No you will not help me, go sit down."