7- New Secrets

When we pulled into Ian's house, he came out with a look of worry and curiosity on his face. We met him at the door. I led Cadence through the door by his hand.

"Ellie, Cadence, shouldn't you guys be in school?" Ian asked. I sighed and pulled Cadence into the house. Ian closed and locked the door behind us. Ian stood there as he waited for one of us to answer him. I looked at Cadence and bit my lip nervously. I turned back to Ian as Cadence make his way upstairs. I opened my mouth to speak but flinched when I heard a door slam. I was caught between rolling my eyes at his childishness and going to check on him.

"Cade got in a fight," I explained hesitantly. I glanced up the stairs before Ian's voice brought my attention back to him.

"Did he expose himself?" Ian asked. I offered a small smile.

"You taught him better than that. Justin provoked Cade but he didn't get a hit in. Cadence got him once and he went out like a light. He was out cold, but it looked sot of normal to me," I explained. "He was really... angry and upset so I brought him here. I hope that was okay," I finished. Ian smiled at me.

"You guys are always welcome here. I just wanted to make sure that nothing was seriously wrong. Thank you for bringing him, but if I may intrude, what did Justin say to make Cadence so upset?" Ian asked. My face turned red as I looked at my feet.

"It wasn't so much what Justin said to Cade; it was what Justin called me," I said quietly.

"Cadence was defending you?" Ian asked. I nodded.

"I'm going to go check on him," I muttered before I darted up the stairs. I knocked lightly on his door. There was no answer so I opened the door and let myself inside, closing the door behind me. I took a breath when I saw him sitting on the bed with his back to me. I crawled onto the bed and wrapped my arms around his shoulders. I tilted my head to kiss his cheek. He laced his hand with mine and kissed it.

"What are you doing up here?" he asked as he turned to face me.

"I'm checking on you," I answered. He laid down on the bed facing me and I did the same.

"I'm fine... more embarrassed than anything," he said. I left a small kiss on his nose.

"There's nothing to be embarrassed about. If anything, I should be thanking you for defending me," I said. Cadence turned me onto my back and hovered above me. The movement was so sudden that it made me squeal. Cadence kissed me deeply at the same time Ian burst through the door. We all kind of froze as Cadence and I looked at Ian shocked. I almost forgot how new we were to all of this. Ian shifted uncomfortably.

"I'm sorry for bargaining in. I heard Ellie and assumed the worse," Ian explained quickly as he looked away from us. Cadence sighed and buried his head in the crook of my neck as I lay there, looking like a fish.

"W-We're fine," I was finally able to get out. Ian smiled suddenly.

"Finally," he sighed.  Now it was our turn to be confused.

"Finally? What are you talking about?" Cadence asked, peeking up from where he was hiding earlier. I was a little curious myself. Ian only leaned against the wall and let out a breath like all of his dreams just came true. It was kind of nerving if you asked me. Ian was smiling like an idiot.

"I was wondering when you two were going to get together. It was bound to happen, but you two were so busy hating each other in the beginning that you didn't see it," Ian smiled. I was even more confused than before. Ian only chuckled and shook his head as he walked closer to us.

"H-How-"

"How did I know you two would get together... eventually?" Ian interrupted Cadence. We both only nodded as we stood from the bed.