28. Twin Curiosity

The next month went by great. Tessa and I graduated and we started looking at colleges. I doubted I would go, but it was still fun to look. I started taking an interest in playing instruments. I quickly caught onto playing guitar, violin, cello, and piano. It was a regular thing to see me playing some type of instrument. I tried to perfect as many as I could, and it only helped that I had near perfect memory. I was playing it as a professional would by the time I was six months pregnant. Cadence had his work cut out for him. He started college this semester. He took his courses online so he wouldn't have to leave me. I was perfectly fine with that. I was getting bigger and bigger each day; though I was not as big as Tessa had been. Of course, I wasn't having twins though. We were longing around Ian's house when he came back from running an errand. He smiled and looked right at me.

"Ready to find out the gender of the baby?" he asked. I looked to Cadence before I shook my head.

"We want it to be a surprise, but we do want to check in on the baby," I explained. He nodded and we went to the medical room. Ian put the cool gel on my stomach and moved the wand around. Tessa walked in and leaned against the wall as she smiled. Ian let us all see the baby that was steadily growing inside of me. Cadence held my hand comfortingly and smiled at the screen. I was starting to wonder if I should've asked Ian for the sex of the baby. I sighed and looked down at my belly. I would know in five months, but five months seemed so far away. After the gel was cleaned off, I headed to the kitchen to get something to eat. Cadence, Damon, and Ian disappeared off to somewhere. They weren't in the house, but I didn't have much time to think about where they went because after I ate, the twins kept me busy. They wanted to do everything. They had me chase them, play hide and seek, and other games. Finally, they sat on the couch on either sides of me and relaxed. I sighed and rested my head against the couch when I heard Tessa laugh.

"And where did you disappear to?" I asked her, opening my eyes. She smiled and shrugged.

"It was my nap time. They do this every day," she said. I smiled and rolled my eyes. Raleigh had suddenly taken a notice to my protruding belly. She put her head on my stomach and concentrated. She looked at me confused and point to my stomach.

"What is it?" she asked. I laughed softly and hugged her gently. Roman started poking at my stomach.

"It's a baby," I smiled. She looked at me confused again.

"Why's it in your stomach?" Roman asked. I turned and looked at him.

"That's where it grows," I explained. They were both completely fascinated with my stomach now. They started poking and touching my stomach. They both had their ear pressed against it when the boys finally came back. They looked at the twins and laughed. Damon swooped them up in either of his arms easily and kissed them.

"What are you two doing?" he asked smiling. They both pointed to my stomach from where they were.

"Aunty Ellie has something in her stomach," Raleigh said, still looking confused. I smiled and shook my head as I stood. Cadence hugged me around my belly and smiled.

"The twins wore me out. Are you ready to go home?" I said after I kissed him. He chuckled and nodded. I said goodbye to everyone before I dashed to my house, Cadence trailing behind me. It was weird to run with a big stomach and I was giggling by the time I walked into the house. My parents were talking on the couch. They smiled at us when we came into view.

"Hey Ellie, your father and I were talking, and we want to meet Ian," my mom smiled sheepishly. I looked back to Cadence questioningly. He smiled and shrugged.

"I'll ask him next time we go over there. Why the sudden interest in Ian?" I asked her, going to sit on the vacant couch. They both shrugged.

"Well, you two seem so fond of him, and you spend a lot of time over there. From what I've heard, he sounds like a good guy. We just wanted to meet him," my dad explained. Looking at Cadence again, I shrugged. Then, remembering how we got to Ian's house, I giggled.