Alyson's speechlessness gave Mia her answer.

"You don't have to tell me," Mia rubbed her hands, "but I will say, Aly, listen to your woman intuition, okay? She might not tell you what you want, but she tells you what you need to know. She's your best friend, don't ignore her."

Alyson's eyebrows furrowed in confusion, "what are you talking about? Is there something you need to tell me?"

"I -" Mia quickly cleared her throat, when she noticed Evan coming down the stairs. 

With his swimming trunks, a white button-down shirt and shades, he looked pool ready too.

"Hey, Evan," Mia greeted him.

"What's up, Mia?" Evan put his arm around a brooding Alyson.

"Nothing much, you know working, being a mom, same ol' same ol'." Mia glances at the car where a sleeping Angel is in the backseat. "I should go before she wakes up, you guys have fun at Kelly's."

She hugs Alyson, "I love you."

"Love you too."

Rubbing her arms, Alyson watches her sister get in the car and drive away.

"You alright?" Evan notices how deep in thought she is.

"Yeah," she puts on a smile, "yeah I'm good. You ready?"

"Yeah, let's go," he takes her hand and leads her to the car.

* * * * * * * * * * 

* * * * * * * * * * 

The whole ride to Kelly and Rick's house, Alyson was quiet. She couldn't stop thinking about what her sister had told her. Mia has always given Alyson advice about her marriage, even when she didn't care to hear it. Yet, for some reason, this time it stuck. It stuck because now that Alyson had been working, she could see the difference in how she felt being away from home versus being at home.

Alyson had been thinking so much, she didn't notice they had arrived.

Evan parks the car and turns it off, "you okay?" he had to touch Alyson's arm, just so she could come out of her thoughts. 

Alyson nods, "yeah, yeah. Sorry, just a lot on my mind."

"You want to talk about it?" Evan asked.