Eva

a/n: it broke my heart to see a random middle schooler cutting on the bus, she seemed so desperate to get every cut. I couldn't take it so this is dedicated to her. Eva is her name, her first name. That's all we know but hopefully someone got her help. i did report her to the bus driver. Im from Hawai'i and currently we have the highest suicide rate. Even this past summer, last month a friend had taken his life. I know there's a lot of people out there that do cut, and hurt themselves, no i'm not condemning them. I myself was that way, but this is reality. If you ever need someone to talk to I'm here.

i am quite young to be sad and i apologize for your demise of our way of getting through life but back then you weren't being threatened, with a gun the head. back then, you never had thought "another school shooting? again?"

back then, you grown to the sounds of playin children, while we've become accustomed to the words "run he's got a gun". it's not safe out here knowing that you could be the next one. the next to meet death, all because our school system is a mess. all because the cool kids couldn't deal with their stress but instead hurt the ones who were doing their absolute best.

the one probably contemplating weather he should pull the trigger. no he never thought that one day he'd become a killer, it had seemed like he had been tired of taking all those painkillers. yet everyday we walk around like we're safe, blind to the unknown of those hate. there are so many teens out there that can't tolerate, the pain. we're hindered by the superficialities of high school, they didn't matter if they weren't athletic or "cool". but you know what, no one told us that this would be high school.

back then we could've been safe too, we could have been playing outside or watching cartoons. we could have been filled with joy after jumping in a puddle, then crying later after getting in trouble. back then everyone knew that they didnt have to worry about their children being taken or touched, because back then no one dared to do such.

why back then? why not now? because if we can turn then into now we can change hate into love. we can change their minds so they know that love is what they are deserving of. back then we lived in the real days. today we strive for other ways, humanity said "you know what, let me take a couple steps back." then they decided to walk off onto another track. we need back then to change our now. its too bad that no one knows how...