Endgame

a/n: Peter figures out Tony's plan to stop Thanos and takes it upon himself to take his place.

~endgame~

Thanos threw Captain Marvel away from the gauntlet and turned to Tony. Peter was across the scene, He stared from afar as if everything went in slow motion. He turned to Dr.Strange who had raised his index finger and pointed 1. No, No, No. Peter then realized what was going to happen, and moved fast. He swung as fast as he could, swinging off of whatever debris he could. He shot his electric web at Tony immediately malfunctioning his suit. If anyone was going to die, it was going to be him, he was set on it, more determined than anything he's set forth in his life. He grabbed a hold of the Infinity Gauntlet, face to face with Thanos himself. "Peter, No!" Tony yelled from bellow, trying to break out of his suit. "Guys we need to get Peter Asap." He called on the coms.

Peter dodged the punches from Thanos, stopping the other Avengers at the same time. He shot Falcon's left wing (The same Civil War Tactic) and then stuck him to the floor with another group of webs. He shot up a electric web distracting Nat and Clint, then threw a web grenade they dodged regardless still sprint towards him. Suddenly a transparent shield appeared around him. (Much like the barrier in Wakanda). The both slammed against the shield, banging on it in frustration. "Mr.Stark?"

"Peter, Please!" Tony was free from his suit and now running to Peter.

"You have a family." Peter grunted as Thanos wrapped his hand around Peter's waist.

"I've lost everything." Peter strained. Shooting his electric web causing Thanos to release him. He flipped onto ground level.

"There's nothing left for me to lose." He continued throwing a web grenade, but Thanos hit it and it exploded on the ground.

"Peter don't do this..." Tony whispered.

"I'm thankful for time I've had with you. all of you" He stuck onto the force field climbing right above Thanos. He pulled off his com and stuck it on the field so they all could hear everything that was gonna happen. That was the worst part, everyone could hear that whole conversation.

"Thank you-" He whispered to the com before being pulled down by Thanos.

"No Peter, Don't-" Tony and the other Avengers tried to destroy the barrier but they watched in defeat as Peter's back hit the inside of the force field from the impact of Thanos' punch. He was bloodied, beatened, they all watched as he smiled at Tony, who just so happened to be behind him on the other side of the force field.

"I am inevitable." Thanos snapped, confused he turned to Peter who had the stones in line with his Iron Spider suit. Thanks to Tony, it was able to retract the energy. Peter groaned from the power surging through his mutated spider-human body. All the heros that united there where heart broken, most cried but some were even sobbing. "How?" He growled. Peter sat up on both of his knees.

"Because."

"I am Spiderman." he shot a final a smile at the team as a tear rolled down his face, he snapped his fingers.

As Thanos, along with his army began to turn to dust the force field broke and Peter leaned back against some debris. Tony ran to him.

"Hey, Hey Kid. It's me. Tony." He cried. Peter's eyes shifted to Tony's face, his breath was shallow.

"You're okay. We're okay, right?" Tony grabbed his hand, Peter somehow shot him a small smile before becoming unconscious. "I'm sorry Peter."

"Don't just stand there, Get some help!" Steve shouted, Peter's condition was clearly fatal.

~later~

"Hey Pete. I don't know if you can hear me but I just wanted to say... I've always been proud of you, You're such a brave kid, The most humble 15-year old I know... well that was a bit of a stretch but I really miss you, kid. I miss your smart jokes. I miss your rambling, when I ask you to explain something. I love you Peter." tears rolled down his cheeks for the for the millionth time this week.

"I'm not dead" Tony's eyes shot up and Peter grinned back at him, laughing. The med bay was filled with joy that day, and Peter had recovered speedily thanks to his super healing.

the end.

~alternate ending~

"Hey Pete. I don't know if you can hear me but I just wanted to say... I've always been proud of you, You're such a brave kid, The most humble 15-year old I know... well that was a bit of a stretch but I really miss you, kid. I miss your smart jokes. I miss your rambling, when I ask you to explain something. I love you Peter." tears rolled down his cheeks for the for the millionth time this week.

Peter flipped his pillow to the cold side. Tony's eyes shot up. "What the hell?" Peter smiled in satisfaction. "Hey! Hey! I know you're awake, get up right now!" The med bay was filled with confusion that day, and Peter had recovered speedily thanks to his super healing.

the end.