Chapter 7: My Determination

Mulai dari awal

"O-Of course not," Jinsol huffed out. "Don't get me wrong! I would love it if we were official! But I just want what's best for when he debuts, you know."

Haneul sighed, "Ah, what true love for you to worry about his future already."

"Oh shut it, this is serious."

"So am I!" Haneul reached over and grasped on Jinsol's shoulders. "I say this for the sake of your well-being. You deserve to be young and free, you know. Go date that boy you really like all you want! Don't miss an opportunity while you still have it! You have it in your hands so why are you already thinking negatively about it?"

Jinsol frowned. She could sense an underlying sadness in Haneul's tone. There was something definitely bothering her. "What's with you? You talk about this because you know."

A grimace crossed Haneul's face as she said that. Interest peaked within the older girl. "What is this? Was there something that happened before?"

"No, not at all!" Haneul uttered with a shake of her head. "Please, I'm just a sweet child who only had one true crush in her life which you know about."

"I don't think this is about your soon enough brother-in-law," Jinsol claimed, leaning closer to take in more Haneul's features. Now that she was cornering the girl, she was mor suspicious. "What the heck, Han. There must've been someone that really snatched you up, and you didn't tell me?"

Haneul looked defeated. She could merely shrug. "It was a whirlwind of events that lead to nothing. I don't think it was ever worth mentioning. It happened before I met you."

It wasn't that.

Jinsol knew it wasn't nothing.

Whoever this boy was that Haneul knew, she really liked him. And with that expression on her face as she admitted to this unknown story, she still does. As much as Jinsol wanted to press on and act who this boy was, she didn't want to bring up any painful memories for Haneul.

"How about you give some of the boys that confessed to you a chance next time?" Jinsol questioned the other to move on from the iffy subject. "You never know, they could eventually sweep you off your feet!"

Haneul clicked her tongue at the thought. "Oh please, those boys could only dream of it!"

Jinsol grinned as she succeeded in bringing up her mood.

And in that moment, she felt her phone ring in her pant's pocket. Curious to who it could be, she checked the screen. It was someone she had forgotten completely about these past few days. Haneul spotted the name and let out a groan.

"Don't you dare answer that call from Taewoon-sunbae," she hissed at Jinsol. "He is nothing to you now!" Jinsol watched as her phone stopped ringing, the first time she ever missed a call from her now ex-crush.

Haneul clapped her hands happily, this was the exact character development she wanted to see from her. "That's it! I knew you could do it!"

"You're being silly. Let's go back out before the boys start getting worried," Jinsol suggested. Just like that, the two of them exited the bathroom and returned back to the booth the boys were in.

Jinsol slid back into her seat next to Kunhang, returning the grin he gave her.

"It's really fascinating that the last time we've seen you, Jinsol, you two were just mere coworkers but now you're dating!" Yangyang chimed glancing back and forth between the couple. "I'm seriously happy for you two!"

"Yeah, thank you for returning this idiot's feelings," Dejun added with a smirk.

While Kunhang shot an obvious glare, Jinsol beamed at the comments. "Thanks. It really is interesting how we got here, hmm?"