Chapter 12: My Golden Oppportunity

Everything began to fall into place after the day Jinsol and Kunhang had their day-long trip to the Garden of Morning Calm.

Kim Jinsol didn't hesitate to shoot a message to the Mystic Entertainment Creative Director's email. Their chat through the emails have been brief and sweet, and the director, Park Myungsook, was quick to mention a meetup to discuss more of her project. She even brought up to invite Professor Lin so the meeting wouldn't feel too tense. Jinsol had to think of something to make it up to her favorite professor for giving her the opportunity.

And after meeting the director and her professor at a cafe nearby her university a few days later, it went very smoothly.

Park Myungsook wasn't what Jinsol was expecting.

She was a woman possibly in her early 30s, much like her professor. As her attire, she wore casual clothing; a black cotton button-up with a pair of blue jeans and a pair of Nike shoes. She immediately gave off a laidback vibe the moment Jinsol laid her eyes on her.

Jinsol could barely get a word out to introduce herself before Myungsook interrupted her with a flurry of compliments about her work. Myungsook had seen her YouTube videos, just as Professor Lin said, and commented how she loved the style Jinsol would shoot in. Jinsol was appalled as the woman ranted on and on about the details of her own work, that it got her flustered.

"I could talk all day about your techniques but I almost forgot that we're here today to talk about my upcoming project!" Park Myungsook sheepishly replied, after a certain glance from Professor Lin.

At this moment, the drinks they ordered had arrived to their table and Jinsol grabbed her strawberry smoothie carefully before turning her attention back at the creative director.

"The company launched a Youtube channel that will consist of original webdramas and other fun content," Myungsook started after taking a sip of her coffee. "And I have the great opportunity to be in charge of the first drama that will be posted there. It'll be the first project that I get to have full control over! So the channel and the drama are important to me and I want to do things right. As to why I'm trying to snatch up all the hidden gems and hardworking people while I can before we start, you being one of them."

"You'd be able to learn so much more than what I can teach you, Jinsol," Professor Lin chimed, patting the younger's shoulder. "You can trust in Myungsook and her team to guide you on what to do."

"Plus, you will be paid! It might not be a fantastic first pay, but you'll be paid nonetheless and will provide lunches during work hours!" Myungsook continued. "It will be a very short production since it's just a webdrama, we only have a couple months at most to finish all the filming so it will be fast paced. I can tell you about the scheduling and the synopsis of the drama if you'd like but of course, I could also email you the information so you can see what you're getting yourself into. But I hope that all this won't deter you away."

Jinsol grinned at the woman. "No, no. I'd love to hear about the drama and stuff. It'll be better to hear about it from you directly in case I have any questions."

"Yahh, see. I knew I made the right choice, you'd be a wonderful add in to the team!" Myungsook proclaimed with utter joy. "So passionate, this one is, huh, Sunhwa?"

Professor Lin nodded, smiling brightly too. "She is!"

As time ticked by, the three ladies sat in that cafe for a good hour and a half, discussing the drama and film techniques. It was interesting to Jinsol to hear her professor and Park Myungsook banter on their views of film, she even cut in with her own opinions. The more Jinsol talked to the creative director, the more she was excited to work with her on the drama.