Chapter 6: My Courage

It was quite the monumental day.

Kim Jinsol gawked at herself in the body mirror before her. She twirled around to get a better look. Did she overdo it? She wasn't sure.

She could barely focus throughout the day. After her classes earlier, she always hurried home so she could work on the edits for her videos. However, that past hour or so was occupied with Jinsol scrounging about her closet to find the perfect outfit to wear.

Yes, she was probably overthinking everything.

However, it was different.

This wasn't just a normal hangout.

This was a hangout after Kunhang had confessed to her, and she took the initiative to make plans. It was a date.

Right?

Kunhang had already sent her a message that they could meet at this one cafe that he recommends around 3:30 pm. It was already 3, so she needed to hurry up and go if she didn't want to be late. But this preparation process was making her go crazy.

A chill ran down her spine when she heard the front door to her dorm open. Coming in through the door was the only other person who could unlock it, and their eyes awkwardly meet.

Haneul gaped at the sight of her.

"What is this?!" The younger girl proclaimed as she hurried over to Jinsol's side. "You look absolutely adorable, Jinny! What even is the occasion?"

Jinsol pouted. "W-What do you mean? Why does there have to be an occasion?"

A scoff left Haneul's lips. "Oh please. As someone who's majoring behind the scenes for media, you don't usually put much care into your appearance. You're naturally cute but you're extra cute today!" Her fingers fiddled through Jinsol's wavy hair, which were loose around her shoulders. "I don't remember the last time you had your hair like this! There's definitely something, so what is it?"

The dressed-up lass could feel her cheeks flare. She was shy all of a sudden. "I'm just going to hangout with Kunhang—"

Jinsol realized in that moment that maybe, she shouldn't have admitted it. The high-pitch screech that left the other's lips got her ears ringing. Jinsol turned to her and smacked a hand over her lips, she was met with Haneul's wide, yet joyous eyes. "Is this a date?! It is, isn't it!" Another scream and Haneul began shaking her shoulders. "Kim Jinsol!"

"It's— I..." What could she even say? Haneul had hit right at the bullseye. It would be lame to back out from her answer now.

Jinsol pressed her lips tightly together as she watched in horror as her best friend shuffle towards her desk where all her makeup were. Haneul was zooming around the room, now in her own world. She grasped things here and there before she returned back to Jinsol's side. "First of all, lemme take a gooooood look at you!"

Haneul stepped back and reviewed her outfit.

Jinsol wore one of the dresses she rarely wears; a lilac-colored plaid dress that was given as a new school year gift from her own sister. She had a white t-shirt underneath and tan-strap sandals to go with it. It was definitely a step further from her normal appearance.

"Okay, add this to your hair!" Haneul gave Jinsol a clip. As she looked down into her hands, she saw it was the beagle clip that Kunhang picked out for her at Myeongdong. Jinsol turned back to her reflection and she carefully placed the clip just by her right ear. With pursed lips, she stared. It was a nice touch, and Kunhang would like it.

Just imagining his possible reaction made Jinsol's stomach flip.

"Now, add this strawberry lipgloss. It'll finish up your girly look perfectly!" Haneul chimed, giving her one of her favorite lipglosses. Jinsol pouted, feeling bad for using her makeup, but she still applied the pink gloss onto her lips. "Perfect! Seriously perfect! You're truly a visual that Kunhang would appreciate!" She clapped her hands together, like she just watched a grand performance. Jinsol grimaced at the overreaction. "How did this happen, hmm? He confessed to you? And you actually accepted his feelings? Do you like him too now?"