Yeiso didn't really stand much of a chance, did he?

Well, a huge scrap - and a lot of blood- later, Yeiso of Yan was detained. Trapped in an unbreakable box constructed by the two present lanterns; tied by the lasso of truth; and then contained in a sphere of water upheld by Mera. The fire-skinned alien, Siza, petted her serpent's head and muttered to it, "Now my dear. It'sss time."

In front of the recently extinguished manor- from which several bodies were recovered- Siza's reptile slightly unwind itself from her and began to writhe and throatily hiss in some form of a hacking cough. A moment later, a device the roughy size of a mobile phone flew out of its mouth. And like a mobile it was indeed in shape, however there was no screen, only a completely smooth, silver surface. Siza pressed the middle of the device, marking her bounty as caught.

A red ring the height of a bungalow flashed in to appearance in front of her, catching the attention of the present heroes. A whitish film materialised in the middle, like milk in a bowl. Siza turned to the heroes, "I must take him back, the Intergalactic Council have been alerted. They'll keep him in safe custody."

John Stewart, Hal, Wonderwoman and Queen Mera followed the reptilian woman through the transportation device. Before Siza left, she turned and faced the Justice League. Dipping her head, golden hair spilling over her shoulder like molten metal, she nodded respect to them. She looked to Cyborg for a queer, longing moment, and left.

While the Lanterns, Diana and Mets returned in the same portal, Siza did no such thing.

That was the last time for a long time that she was seen.

***
The next time Donna saw Jonathan was in school, second period French, on Monday. Knowing that he wasn't one to dwell on negativity, Donna tried to catch his eye, smiling in spite of her lack of surety. Jonathan caught her glances, returning the shaky smile. Their teacher, wielding a rolled up textbook like a sword, swatted the air as she gestured for the class to pay attention. Duly, the two put their heads down and started with the worksheet: regular present tense verb conjugation.

Je mange-> nous _______
Elle aime-> elles _______
Ils parlent-> vous______
....

It would have been easy enough, had Donna not kept looking back at him when she thought he wasn't looking.

"Donna! Qu'est-ce que le problème?", Miss Devon's piercing voice rang through the class room, her terrible accent almost as bad as Jonathan's when he tried to speak French. She was only a temporary substitute until their regular teacher returned next week, but Jonathan already knew that week would feel like a month.

Every Amazon was supposed to be taught a variety of ancient and modern languages during their training (for practical use and in honour of Athena and Hermes: the goddess of wisdom and the god of travellers) however, Donna's joining the Titans had meant that she hadn't been able to do so. Hence, when somewhat distracted and asked a question in French, her only response was, "Huh?"

The substitute clicked her tongue at the girl, walking up to Donna's desk and tapping her red claws in the wood like the talons of a bird of prey. She sauntered off back to her desk with a raised fawn eyebrow and a subtle flick of her long bob. Donna wished she could strangle the woman.

Several snickers broke out around her. Quite fed up of humans, Donna glared poison at the students sitting on either side of her, silencing their laughs. For the rest of the lesson she stuck her head down, willing herself to ignore the boy behind her with the messy black hair and the glasses slipping off his nose.