"Now Rory, don't you think it's a little early in the night to be getting with Noland, if you know what I mean," Kallie teased.

"Oh my gosh, stop," I cried, absolutely mortified.

"Okay. I would keep going, but he's walking this way," Jo said, with a nod to something behind me.

"What," I exclaimed, whipping my head around.

Walking towards me, in all his wonderful glory, was Noland. His hair looked messier, but styled all at the same time. He had on khakis and a blue button up shirt with sleeves rolled up to his elbows and, holy mother of all that is good, glasses! They weren't the little square ones, but the hipster I'm-about-to-drool-all-over-myself kind. I quickly shut my mouth and gave him a small wave once I realized I was staring.

His smile widened when he saw me wave and soon enough he was standing in front of me.

"Hi," I said when no other words came to my mind.

"Hi," He grinned back at me.

We probably would have stayed like that all night, but someone behind me cleared their throat. Noland's eyes darted behind me when he realized I wasn't alone. He cleared his throat and addressed my friends.

"Hello ladies. I'm glad to see you could make it to the party."

Jo, ever the flirt, giggled and winked at me. "We are so glad you invited us. Everything looks so great and the music is awesome."

He smiled a genuine smile and looked back at me. "Is it okay if I steal Rory away from you guys?"

Although he was addressing the group, he never took his eyes off of me. I tried to hide the blush that was ever growing on my face as all the girls giggled this time.

"Please, take her. The only reason she came was for you anyway," Kallie teased.

Noland raised an eyebrow at this as I quickly denied her statement.

"Well not suprisingly, you're not the only one," he winked at me.

"Shut up," I grumbled, folding my arms over my chest.

"We'll let y'all go and have fun, then," Jo responded, pulling the girls towards a table with drinks.

I watched them walk away, then turned back to Noland. Apparently, I caught him staring at me because he quickly looked away and the top of his ears turned red.

"So you decided to let your inner nerd out," I joked, motioning to his glasses.

"Actually, I woke up this morning and went to put my contacts on, but my dog had taken the container to who knows where. I looked all over my house, but they were no where to be found. Now here I am, stuck with these bad boys," he wiggled his glasses with his fingers.

"I like them. They make you look very smart," I said slightly swaying to the music.

"Do they make me look macho? Maybe like a Clark Kent? Ordinary man by day, superhero by night," he put his fists on his hips and puffed out his chest.

I laughed at goofiness and soon enough we were both laughing at nothing. I was about to suggest going to get some drinks when someone stumbled into me and knocked me into Nol. He easily caught me, but before I could get too caught up in those gorgeous eyes (yum!), I heard her dreaded voice behind me.

"I am so sorry. I didn't even see you there."

Brittany stood there in the tightest, skimpiest red dress I've ever seen and believe me, I've seen some creative dresses.