Chapter 6

Chapter 6

After lunch, I found myself in need of nap. Now that I was full of food and feeling content, my mind was telling me it as time to get some sleep. Too bad this school doesn't offer a class in napping.

Sixth period was super boring considering my tutor had already taught me Calculus. I'm not a total whiz at math, but I'm not terrible at it either.

I considered taking up my mind's offer and taking a nap in there, but I figured with everyone watching me, that wouldn't be a great idea. Poor Johnny looked so worn out from pushing teens away from me in the hallway, I almost offered him my seat to take a nap himself.

Seventh period soon made it's way around and I decided to go to the bathroom to get out of my history lecture for a while. I had this class with Grace, but since there was a seating chart that went by alphabetical order, we didn't sit beside each other.

I told Johnny not to come with me, even though he would only stand outside the bathroom, because he would probably freak some girls out. That would not be good.

I walked into the bathroom and started touching up some of my makeup. I know there is only two periods left of the school day, but I still want to look good.

In the middle of reapplying my mascara, a tall, blonde walked into the bathroom. When she caught sight of me she immediately smiled and made her way over to me.

"You're Rory Pinnock, right?"

"I am," I said with a smile.

"Well, it is so nice to finally meet you. You're all anyone's been able to talk about today. I'm Brittany Sanches," she said holding out her hand for me to shake.

"Nice to meet you," I said, shaking her hand.

Lou told me about a Brittany, but she never said her last name. By the way Lou made her sound, I really hope this isn't her. I'd rather not make enemies on my first day.

"So, since this is your first day and you probably don't know many people, I'm here to offer you my help. If you need any, that is," she said with a bright smile.

Yeah, I don't think this is the Brittany Lou was talking about.

"Wow," I said, caught a little off guard at her generosity. "That's really nice of you. Thanks," I said smiling in return.

"Of course. I'd do any thing to help out a fellow classmate. So, have you met anyone yet or are you just scoping out the place?"

"No, I met a few people."

A look of surprise flitted across her face, but she covered it up so quickly I thought I had imagined it.

I started listing the people off, "Callan Wesley, Grace Jacks, Noland Milton, Jo-"

She interrupted me mid-sentence and said, "You met Noland?"

Her face was a mix of surprise and anger. I could tell she was trying to keep a straight face, but instead she just had a twisted look on her face.

"Uhh, yeah. I met him this morning," I said squinting my eyes a bit suspiciously.

"Actually that doesn't surprise me," she said finally getting control of her emotions. She crossed her arms and jutted her hip to the side.

Uh oh. I only did that when I was beyond ticked off.

"I'm sorry you have to hear this," she sighed, moving closer to me, "but whenever Noland and I decide to take a break for a bit, he always tries to make up for my absence by getting with other girls, if you know what I mean. We decided last week to break for a little while and unfortunately, you have to deal with the repercussions. I'm really sorry, but if you just ignore him, he should get the hint and leave you alone. Otherwise, he might get the wrong idea and take things a little farther than you want," she let out a small breath and unfolded her arms. "Like I said, I'm here if you need help of any kind. Just let me know."