Chapter 8

Chapter 8

The sleepover had been so much fun.

We ate popcorn, watched movies, gossiped about a bunch of stuff I didn't understand, and stayed up until the wee hours of the morning.

Best night of my life.

Okay. Second place to meeting Ed Sheeran and watching a private concert of his.

That had been great.

However, I still was thinking about Mike's call. The opportunity.

Not even five minutes after I hung up the phone with him, mom called. She hasn't called me since her and dad left Texas. Somethjing about being super busy, yet she calls immediately after she hears I have an acting opportunity.

I could hear Dad practically prying mom off the phone just to say hi to me.

He had called a few times since they left, but no more than once a week. I understand he's really busy so I don't pester him too much about it, but I still wish he would call more often.

Back to the offer, I didn't know what to do. The movies sounded like an amazing opportunity, but I still didn't know if I wanted it.

I had tried to push the idea to the back of my mind, but everytime I would have any spare time, it would creep back to the front.

I knew at some point in the near future I was going to have to make a final decision, but I just didn't want to do it right now.

As if the stress of the movie wasn't enough, Cal had been acting weird ever since I came back from the sleepover. He's been shut up in his room and grouchy when he does come out.

I doubt his strange attitude has to do with me. I'm sure something happened while I was gone and he just hasn't told me yet.

I was fixing myself some breakfast for the morning, when Cal stumbled into the kitchen. Like each morning for the past four days, he had a scowl on his face and he wasn't even close to being ready for school.

"Cal, I'm leaving this house in fiftteen minutes. Are you going to be ready?"

I grabbed an apple and bit into the red piece of deliciousness.

"Yes, mom, I'll be ready," he said, rolling his eyes.

I put the apple down onto the nearest surface and faced him with a hand on my hip.

"Okay. I'm tired of this. What's going on Cal? You've been acting weird all week. Did something happen while I was at the sleepover?"

I asked the two questions that had been occupying my thoughts for the week and patiently waited for him to respond.

"What's going on? You want to know what's going on? Well, why don't you ask your boyfriend or has he already dumped you," he spitfully said.

Okay. Why is he being so defensive? And what the hack does this have to do with Noland.

"First of all, we're not dating, not that our status is any of your business. Second of all, you can walk to school if you're going to be that rude," I said, my face turning hard with a scowl.

I knew I was probably over reacting, but I'm a teenage girl. That's what I live for.

"Fine! I don't need your charity! I can make it to school myself," he said, turning on his heel and walking out of the kitchen. A few seconds later I heard his bedroom door slam.

Why is he acting so immaturely?!

"Ugh," I groaned, stomping my foot.

I grabbed my keys from my purse and my apple from the table.