"You can't always do what's right."
She finally spoke.

I nodded. I wanted her to open up to me and I could do it by trying to think like her.
"Yes. We tend to get too weak and people take us for granted."

She looked up at me.

"Like you all did."
I finished.

She sighed and placed the glass back on the table.

"I'm not going to say sorry to you for what I did, Melanie."

"I can understand that you are not used to saying sorry and I don't want that. I couldn't do all those things to you, Jenna. Because the person I met that night, the one who had stayed at the hospital with me, is still the same person. Nothing changed."

"Then, you're a fool, Melanie. More foolish than I thought."
She said to me.

I smiled and shrugged. "That's the point."

"Left to me, I wouldn't have talked to you, If it hadn't been for AJ. She made me get close to you. So, if you still don't understand that people use people, then you're a big fool."

"Then, why did you stay at the hospital with me?"

She sighed. "I don't know. I was. . . scared? I didn't want to be the reason why you lost your life. It was my fault you were raped at the first place."

I was taken aback by her sincerity. She has always been sincere. But in a bitchy kind of way. But tonight, she admitted to being at fault even when it wasn't really her fault if I should be thinking about AJ. And I didn't want her to stop talking, so I simply kept quiet.

"You were so innocent. Just like me. You were naïve. You didn't know what was going on and unlike me, you just loved to live in the moment. That night all you wanted to do was have fun because it was your birthday. Your aunt didn't know you were crashing a party and she will kill you if she finds out and all that was what you said yet you wanted to have fun. I liked your spirit. Because I wasn't even that bold. And she crushed you. AJ destroyed you. Using me."

I saw her blink back tears. She cursed silently and inhaled deeply. "This is not even my idea. You want to know the truth? I never wanted to come here, but Heart pushed me to come. So, what? You want me to feel guilty for what I did to you."

"I can't judge you, Jenna."

"Why?!"
She snapped.
"Why the fuck can't you stop being too sweet to everyone? The world isn't the best place, Melanie. There's always someone out there to make you feel like shit! You know one of the reasons why I couldn't give in to liking you? Because you were so good to everyone, it was simply too good to be true. How you wanted to blend into everything with all of us and take in our shitty attitudes and make all of us grovel at your feet. What stops you from taking us off guard and simply putting all of us behind bars?"

I blinked. The chuckled. "You know, now I think you're the naïve one here. Those movies didn't do you any good at all."
I said and smirked.

The look she gave me wasn't impressive at all and that was enough to kill my smile.

"Not funny. Right."
I muttered. I sighed and cleared my throat, acting serious.
"Like I said. I did have those thoughts. To put you all behind bars. I should have and trust me, I keep asking myself why I still can't."

"Why?"

"I don't know."
That was a lie. I couldn't do it because of TJ.

"You and I can't be friends, Melanie. Not after what I did to you. I shouldn't have done it and it kills me slowly everyday."