5. and always

michael shook slightly as he and ashton placed their fingers on the wooden planchette.

calum smiled sadly. he was sitting next to michael, wishing he could hold him again. calum placed his fingers on top of michael's, then looked over at luke, who was doing the same with ashton.

"is anyone there?" ashton asked, as michael already was too overwhelmed to speak.

calum and luke pushed the planchette to the word 'yes'.

"what is your name?"

calum looked to luke, who took his fingers off of the planchette. calum took a deep breath and spelled his name out on the board.

michael bit his lip, tears threatening to spill from his eyes.

"cal? i-i love you," michael spoke up.

calum felt like crying too, as he moved the planchette around the board to tell michael that he loved him more.

michael laughed, his free hand covering his mouth. "forever?"

calum closed his eyes, sighing. he spelled out 'and always'.

luke saw that calum was getting emotional, so he took over. calum removed his hand from the planchette, and looked at michael, biting his lip.

luke moved the planchette to 'hello', and action earned a confused look from michael and ashton.

"is this not calum anymore?"

the planchette moved to 'no'.

michael frowned.

"luke?" ashton asked.

'yes'.

suddenly, michael himself took the planchette and threw it against the wall. he stood, "i don't know what made you think that killing my boyfriend was a good idea, but, god, if there was a way that you could take it back, please do it. a-and if you really feel like you need to kill someone again, it should be me."

calum looked at luke, shaking his head. "please don't kill him, i can't see him go through what i went through."

michael and ashton stared at the board, waiting for any sort of movement, seeing as they couldn't hear calum and luke having a conversation right next to them.

luke sighed, "i'm not gonna kill him. look, they're probably gonna be stupid again forget to tell us goodbye. you'll be free from the board. then you can talk to michael, kiss him, hug him, whatever you want to do with him."

calum tried to hold michael's hand, but his hand went straight through, grabbing nothing but a fistful of air.

-

1989 CAME OUT AND WOWIE IM SO IN LOVE LONG LIVE T SWIFT