11. did you take your medicine?

"michael, did you take your medicine today?" ashton softly asked his friend, who was now on the floor of the living room, his knees against his chest.
"haven't taken it since calum died. nothing matters anymore," michael replied, wiping his eyes. "maybe you should take it, mike. it'll help."

the red haired boy simply shook his head. "i'm not crazy," he whispered, looking up at ashton.

ashton sighed, kneeling in front of michael. "i know you're not. you're just, you're seeing things again. it doesn't mean you're crazy."

"calum is here, you just can't see him."

ashton stood up and walked to the kitchen. after taking the bottle of pills from the cabinet, the older boy made his friend a glass of water. he walked back to the living room, handing the cup to michael.

"michael, let's take your medicine, okay-"

"no," michael whispered, his hands starting to shake.

"c'mon, mi-"

"i said no!" michael lashed out, throwing the full glass across the room.

ashton took a step back. he looked at the pile of broken glass surrounded by water, then back at michael.

michael was now lying on the floor, sobbing, absolutely hysterical. ashton sat next to him, pulling the broken boy closer. "shh, michael, it's okay. you're okay," ashton whispered.

he was reassuring himself more than he was michael. he knew michael wasn't okay. nothing was okay.

-

YESTERDAY MARKED ME AND MY GIRLFRIEND'S FIFTH MONTH OF BEING TOGETHER IM SO HAPPY LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA

ouija » lashtonOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara