Chapter 28

Sam, Dean,  and Cas. Standing in front of me. While there's a boy on practically leaning on top of me. Because we had just been kissing a few minutes earlier.  Sam, Dean, and Cas. 

Sam, Dean, and Cas.

To be completely honest, I never actually pictured that they would find me first. 

I took a moment to assess the damage before saying anything.

Dean didn't know what to do, I don't think. His mouth was only slightly open and his eyebrows scrunched together. His head was pushsed forward in shock.

Cas just looked sligtly interested, but also slighlty annoyed. I couldn't tell if he was annoyed at me or Kayden or what. His eyes were open like saucers, and the expression in them looked like an owl... But he also wore a major scowl. 

And then there was Sam. While at first glance, his face had been shocked, now he looked angry. His jaw was tight and his eyes were hard. It made me want to bow down at his feet and beg for forgiveness. Or run away. Which ever one would hurt less.

"Sooo..." I said, grimacing. "What's up?"

That set Sam off.

He threw his hands in the air. "What's up? What's up! The three of us have been looking for you for over a week and you were here playing, what, girlfriend? House wife?"

Dean put a hand on Sam's shoulder and growled, "Sammy! Not the time."

Sam frowned even more. "I'm so disappointed."

I froze. A fire in my stomach started to burn, and I could feel my face heating up.

"We needed to find you. We looked for you for so long. Not even Cas could find you."

I didn't say anything, but my hands started to shake.

"You didn't even try to find us, I see. Were you just hoping we would find you and you didn't have to do any work? Or were you hoping that you wouldn't be found?"

That did it. 

"What are you, my mother?!" I burst out. "No, you're actually not. And you know how I know that?! Because you killed her! Stop taking out this anger on me. I don't know where it's coming from, but shut up! Just shut up, Sam!"

There was silence. Sam looked at the floor. Guilt seized me, but not enough to make me take back what I said. Both of our anger had happened too fast. I think we're more alike than anyone else.

"Well," said Cas. "We're glad we've found you."

I was still fuming, but there was things that needed to get done before any of us fought. I nodded at Cas, but stared at the floor.

He sighed, obviously relieved that no one was going to continue yelling.

"Jules, to cut a long story short, we know what Colava and the others want from you."

I my eyes connected with his. I waited for a response, but he didn't give one right away. "Okay, and that is...?" I said.

"Well..." He opened his mouth, and then shut it. Opened it, and then shut it again. He repeated his actions until Sam moved toward me. He moved fast, and I flinched, covering my face. The next thing I knew, however, was that Sam was hugging me.

The first thing I realized when he let go was that I was crying. "Sorry," he muttered.

I didn't respond to him. Instead I turned to Cas. "What do they want with me," I choked out. 

Cas sighed. "I'm... sorry... Colava and the others, well.. They need you as a vessel."

"Vessel?" 

"Well, what that means is that they will take over your body, and you won't be alive anymore. You'll die, and go to heaven. But your body will still be around, doing the bidding of their work."

"I... But then why do they need my permission? They're demons. Can't they just take over my body?"

Cas looked at Dean, they shared a look, and then Dean looked back at me. "We haven't been able to find that out yet. We have several guesses but we aren't sure for any of them. What we do know, however, is that these demons aren't like normal demons. And they want you to be their vessel because you're strong and - "

" - and they originally had wanted either Sam or Dean, but as word got around, they realized you are much more... powerful." Cas interjected.

"Me?" I said incredulously. "How am I powerful?"

Dean squirmed, obviously uncomfortable. "Well, you know that your dad is our dad, right? But you've never thought about who your mom is - oh, don't give me that look, I'm not saying this to offend you... Your mom is not a normal human. She's... Well, she's not human at all. She's an angel."

I laughed. Literally. "My mom is not an angel. If I was, I'd be half human, half angel... And that's not possible.. That's not possible... Is it?"

Nobody said anything. The truth weighed itself on my heart until it started to hurt. 

"How did you guys even find out about all of this?"

Dean hung his head. "We've all done things we aren't proud of."

I caught on to that expression fast. "You tortured someone?!" 

Our eyes made contact. With the straightest face I've ever seen Dean with, he said slowly, "More or less."

"Eventually," Sam started, saying the first thing he's said in a while, "The man told us that your mom was the angel Ananchel. And, long story short, Cas was able to find her. She was in prison in heaven for having a human baby. She told us about you, how she chose John because you were to be our sister, and that you would have a hard life. She didnt' want you to think about her because you would never find her. She didn't answer any questions about the other things going on... She would only talk about you, and how she's watching you from heaven."

It was silent. Until someone coughed from behind me. I jumped and turned around, suddenly remembering Kayden.

"Umm." His voice trembled. "I feel like I'm... going to go now."

He ran out of the room. The fear in his voice weighed even more on my already heavy heart. I didn't run after him.

After several more long moments on silence, I shook myself out, trying to ignore the way my shoulders were sagging. "Any news on the gun?" I spoke so quietly it was almost a whisper, but it carried in the empty room. 

"We still don't know what the gun is for," Dean said, putting a close to that talk. "But.. We know where we can find out.. It might be dangerous if they know we're looking, but who knows."

"Why was that not the first thing you told me? Stupid. Let's go."

As I ran and grabbed the gun from the other room, and my jacket from the couch, I realized something. The heaviness in my heart, the weight on my shoulders... They make me as steady as a rock. 

       ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"One more chapter."