Chapter 14

You know that feeling when you finish a really good workout and your legs feel like jelly and you feel this major relief and pride that you worked out so hard? I love that feeling.

The during excersizing feeling? Yeah, not so much.

At the moment I was being trained by Dean with very possible move I could use against any attackers.

Apparently, before we got into the "supernatural" things, I had to learn how to fend off humans.

"If someone is about to attack you, put your hands up, palms facing towards the person. This will lead them into a false sense of security. Then, please just scream. Normal people are stupid, and sometimes a scream will send them running away like a beagel who has to poop. If that doesnt work, however, this is what you need to remember: every single thing you have can be turned into a weapon. Anything. From a pencil to a jacket.

"Now," he continued, "if you don't have anything to fight with, then aim for the weak spots. This includes the face, nose, stomach, feet (oddly enough) and the groin. Trust me. That one hurts a lot.

"Use the palm of your hand to hit somebodys nose. Hit from the bottom upwards like this:" he demonstrated. "That can push the bone of the nose up into the brain and kill the person."

"Ew," I said.

"When you gotta do what you gotta do, you gotta do it."

"Whatever that sentence meant."

"'Anyways," he continued, "we are going to practice all of this, until you could fend them off in your sleep. So let's get moving."

And we did.

~~~~~~~~

"Come on, Jules! You can do it!"

I'm working! I screamed loudly in my own mind. I was running too vigerously on a track to speak. All I really wanted to do now was silence Sam's voice as he screamed encouragement for me to finish the last few laps.

The track was just a huge oval surrounding a field. The field was full of dead flowers because of the early december air. I was not cold, even though I was wearing just leggings and a long sleeve shirt, but from the way my breath made clouds and how Sam was standing at the finish line in a coat, hiking boots, and a ridiculous Canadian hat that I told him not to wear, it was freezing outside. The exertion I was exuding was warming me up enough.

"Just one more lap!" Sam yelled as I passed by him for what was the hundredth time. Literally.

Sam was making me run 7 miles straight. It had been a month since an had agreed to train me. It took two weeks for Sam to be okay with it.

When Sam finally agreed, they got me fake ID's and taught me how to kill certain creatures and what they do. We have had literal classes in which I would sit at a desk in the motels and they would make me write down things and memorize them. I would be tested on various creatures and their abilities, and their weaknesses. They would take time out of their own hunting to spend hours running me down to the ground using various, intense excersizes, and after a month, I was able to run 7 miles in a little over an hour, which I didnt even know was possible for me to do.

The fat I had had on my body before was completely gone. I was pure muscle. Well, not counting the bones and blood, and blah blah blah, but you get the idea. The good thing about this was, obviously, that I had a nice body. The bad thing was that every time a male would look my way, dean would glare at them with a stare that could make Lucifer wet his pants.

I finished my final lap and laid on the ground in total exhaustion. We had been working for an hour previous my running, doing random cardio.

"Sam," I gasped, "I dont see the point of having me excersizes this hard."

"When you need to run away from something, you'll be grateful I forced you to run like this." He smiled brightly at me.

This man enjoyed others pain. I knew it.

"Sammy!" It was Dean, coming from his Impala, walking towards us. "Sammy, I got a lead!"

Sams face brightened and the two boys started to run toward eachother. I imagined it in slow motion, making myself laugh. They ignored me, and stood too far away for me to hear them whispering about their new case.

Even though I was mentally and physically exhausted, I got up and moved toward the two boys, wanting to hear what they were talking about.

When I got there, the two boys looked up and stared at me, like they wanted an explination for our close proximity.

"I want to help," I announced. "I want to help fight whatever you're going to fight."  I smiled innocently at them.

"No. No way. You're not ready yet." Dean refused immediately.

Sam looked thoughtful for a few moments. He said, "I think we should give her a shot. It's been a month. Besides, she's 16... We were hunting a lot younger than she is now."

"But she is not us," Dean hissed.

"No she isn't. Just like you're not me and I'm not cas. No one is anybody else."

"Don't get sassy with me, Sam; that's my job."

"Guys!" I busted in. "Just shut up and let me come. I'm not a child. Dean, we made a deal. Please just let me come while its not too late for me to get any practice in."

He glared at me, then at Sam, and then back at me again. "Fine," he said. "Fine. Just... Don't get killed, okay?"

"Of course not."

He sighed. "Okay. Okay. Oka-"

"Say 'okay' one more time and I will personally escort you to the gates of hell," I teased.

It was meant to be a joke, but Dean got really serious. So did Sam. Sam looked down at the ground while Dean got a really hard, poker-face look, showing that he didn't want to joke about that right then. I didn't know what was going on, and I wasn't sure what to do about their reaction, so I just cleared my throat awkwardly and said, "Wope. Sorry about that, whatever that was... Okay, just tell me what the plan is, okay, Dean?"

"Okay. So, it's vampires. Upstate New York, from the area where you're from, Jules. Been taking people from ages 12 to 20. I know it's vampires because, well, all the signs are there. So, this is what we're going to do-" And he told us the plan. We were to go find the coven, get in, kill the alpha, and then, kill the rest of the vampires there. Apparently, it wasn't too big of a coven and they could have gotten it by themselves, which was obvious, as they had before. There were two twelve year olds, one 15 year old, one 16 year old, one 17 year old, and two 20 year olds. According to Dean, the 12 year old ones were the ones to worry about the most because they were the youngest and least likely to be able to control their own strength. I was "at no means to try to take care of those two at all, or I will be forever punished and never allowed to go on a hunt again." I agreed, because, quite honestly, I didn't want to be forced to stay at home for any future hunts. There was more details about the plan, but this was the jist of what he was saying.

Dean finished his speech with a little threat towards me. "Jules," he said, "I will kill you if you die."

"Thanks for the encouragement, Dean. It really means a lot that you have so much faith in me."

"I do have faith in you, I just... I just want you to know that this a very dangerous thing you are wanting to do."

"Dean," I said, exasperated, "I know what I was getting in to when I asked you about this. I'm not some ignorant little child that doesn't grasp the knowledge of danger when it comes my way. Just... Have faith that I'm ready for this. Because I am."

He sighed.

Sam just stood there awkwardly like a pig on ice.

"Okay." Dean sighed again. "We have to go now. We really do. So, let's get back to the motel and pack up our stuff and have a fun road trip to New York!" He smiled, turned around, and walked to his car, all the while motioning us to come with him. Sam and I looked at eachother, shrugged, and followed him to the Chevy Impala, where we started another "little road trip."