Chapter 20

The party was in full swing, all the Lord's and Lady's were feasting on celebration of the Royal wedding and above anyone the Daxam Prince, now King, was seeing to have the most fun out of everyone at the party.

He was entertaining some of the guests with his drunken stories while the new Queen of Camelot was sat at the table watching the King make a fool of himself.

It was barely mid afternoon and the Daxamite was already drunk, god knows what he was going to be like by the night.

Behind Lena stood Jess, vouching not to leave her Mistress's side during the party at Lena's request. She may have indulged heralded in the affection her now husband had given her at the ceremony but she was far from willing to partake in anymore of it and if Jess were there then she was safe.

"Jess have you seen my mother? She's been gone for sometime now." Lena asked as she was looking over towards her Lillian's chair at the table to see that it was still empty as she looked back over towards her maid the woman only gave her a shake of the head, "If anyone asks I've gone to freshen myself up." She said, getting out from her seat and heading towards the door. 

Lena took one last look towards the Daxam King, who was now on the table starting to sing, and rolled her eyes before heading out of the noisy room, as soon as she turned to the corridor she noticed a several knights marching down past her and at the head of the group was Sir James. 

"James, what's going on?" She asked, standing in front of the legion of men and crossing her arms over her chest. 

The men came to a stand still, "Orders of the Queen, we're moving out to Krypton." He simply stated, placing his hand on the pommel of his sword with a straight, disaffected face. 

Lena's eyebrows furrowed in confusion, "I am the Queen and I did not order any such thing." She said, her hands moving from her chest to her hips. 

James nodded slightly, "Sorry M'Lady," He apologised and took a deep breath, "M'Lady Lillian ordered us to move out immediately," He reaffirmed, and began to walk past the Queen. 

Though the knights didn't get far before there was a large rumble through out the castle and both the Knights and the Queen fell to the floor, Lena looked over towards James who was trying his best to get his hoard of men back into their feet. 

Lena quickly scrambled to her feet and ran towards the nearest window, as she looked out into across the kingdom she saw a cloud of black smoke rising up from just outside the castle walls, with this sight she immediately headed back towards the courtroom as quickly as she could. 

Upon entering she noticed her maid, Jess picking herself up off the floor and ran over to her and have her a hand to stand on her own two feet again, "Help me armour up." She said, looking deep into the other woman's eyes with worried eyes and Jess gave her a frantic nod. 

Both women looked over at the fallen Daxam King, he was laying on the floor laughing his brains out as the Lords tried to help him up, "We're better off without him anyways." Jess said, ushering her Mistress out of the door and towards the armoury. 

With Jess being an expert at this stage at helping the Queen in and out of her armour it didn't take her long before she had Lena clad in armour and was simply adjusting the breast plate as Lena held her helmet under her arm.

"Do you think it's the Kryptonians?" Jess asked, as she stood in front of her Mistress, who couldn't hid the worry that had taken over her features. 

And that's when Lena knew that Jess was worried, knowing that in the past during worrisome situations Jess was able to keep her composure in order to help the raven haired Queen's composure but when the maid let the worry take over that's when Lena knew that she should be worried too.