Chapter 17

The Princess and her maid stood there in silence, Lena had no idea what she was supposed to say. That she's sorry, that she didn't want to have to do it, that she wished that Mon-El was never in the picture in the first place?

So the Princess realised that words would not suffice, she made her way towards Kara, the Blonde's back still being to the back of her, and looped her arms around Kara's waist.

And without protest Kara melted into the embrace, allowing herself to be enveloped in the Princess's arms as Lena rested her chin on Kara's shoulder.

"Kara," Lena said, her voice soft as she spoke in Kara's ear, "I know I should've told you before the announcement and I'm eternally sorry that I didn't, my Mother didn't give me much time to myself to find you and Mon-El didn't leave my side the whole day." She explained, never letting go as they both looked into the fire that burned before them.

Kara closed her eyes at the thought of her love and the Daxam Prince being by one and another's side for both for keeping up pretences and because the Prince actually had a thing for Lena.

"How long is it for?" Kara asked, her eyes remaining closed as she slipped her hands on top of Lena's letting her head fall back into Lena's shoulder.

The Princess let out a sigh, her grip tightening ever so slightly on the Blonde's waist, "However long it takes to take vengeance on Krypton." She said, making it sound simple but it broke Kara's heart.

Kara took a deep breath, turning in the Princess's arms, "I know what happened to your Brother had a a detriment effect on your family but does attacking a whole Kingdom need to pay for one man's wrong doing?" She asked, snaking her arms around Lena's neck, looking deep into her green orbs.

Lena's eyes fell closed, "They did nothing to punish him for what he did to my brother, he got away with it, what sort of injustice is that?" Lena replied rhetorically, her hands moving to sit on Kara's waist to rub small circles with the thumbs.

"If Krypton were to punish him for what he did, would that stop Camelot from destroying Krypton?" Kara asked, her hands lightly dragging up and down with her fingernails softly grazing the back of Lena's neck.

The Princess became confused, "Why do you care so much about Krypton, why does it matter whether or not they are invaded?" She asked, her voice raising slightly as she looked at the Blonde.

Kara swallowed a pump in her throat, "I-i just don't want to see innocent people suffer for one person's mistake." Kara said, her brows furrowing on concern.

"Kara they all made the mistake when they decided not to punish him," Lena said, one of her hands moving up to Kara's face and brushing away a stray hair, "They will be punished one way or an other." She stayed, Lena's hand slowly coming down from Kara's ear and caressing the Blonde's neck.

Kara closed her eyes, taking in a deep breath. She stood in silence for a moment, she didn't know what to say to the Princess. She didn't know how to she could stop her from invading her home and destroying every memory and person she loved that loved there.

"Do you love me?" Kara asked, her eyes slowly opening again, glazed with potential tears, her grip on the Princess's neck tightening as she asked.

Lena's brows furrowed at the question, "Of course I do, Kara you know I'd anything to keep you safe." She answered, her hands falling to hold Kara's waist and a tender hold.

Kara swiped her tongue over her lips, moistening them slightly, before taking a deep inhale, "If you love me then please don't invade Krypton." She said, her voice raspy as she rushed it out, blood pulsing through her veins as anxiety built up in her chest, consuming her all other feelings she had previously felt before she spoke her mind.